View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2012 (11:17 PM).
とたけけ
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Quote originally posted by Frostweaver:
Still have no idea what's with the Vancouver riots... I swear people just wanted a random excuse to riot and cause chaos, and it just so happens to be sports this time even in Canada ._.; thank goodness that those come by very rarely.
It was tough watching what was happening on TV knowing that it was only about 20 minutes away, because that's basically all it was- an excuse to destroy things and hopefully not get caught. I think there was something ridiculous like a quarter million people downtown watching the game, and by the time it was obvious that the Canucks were going to lose, a small handful of people started going crazy by breaking shop windows, setting cars on fire, etc. Granted, there were those people that stuck around while all this happened that helped contribute to everything, but realistically it was only about a few hundred people that really caused any destruction (most of whom would have done the same thing- win or lose). Looks like we won't have to worry about any riots this year with the way the lockout's going, though. :\

Quote originally posted by Frostweaver:
Time for a change of a more casual topic: remember all the hockey chats we have and how we made the sports and all? Why is it that lacrosse is our official sport again...? I always thought that it's hockey ;;
Lacrosse is Canada's Summer sport, and Hockey is our official Winter Sport. Lacrosse was invented hundreds of years ago (by the Canadian Iroquois, I believe), and I think it mostly serves as a tribute to the history of the sport within the country.