View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Also, I'm very much interested in this roleplay. Though, I do prefer a universal boss over a tournament style boss.
I was thinking more that it'd be a universal boss styled RP with a small tournament thrown in at the end, but right near the start there'll be an announcement/meeting in which it's declared that a new Papa must be found so that idea will always be lurking in the background whilst the boss-entity is being dealt with. It'd be sort of like a mini-game after you've completed the main game where players test how far they've come and a 'winner' of sorts emerges, if that makes sense? But that's something that can easily be decided nearer the time when the RP is coming close to completion and the boss is nearing defeat (which will be a loooonnnngggg way away haha), but I think it'll definitely follow a universal boss format now after all the comments. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
I'm willing to take interest either way you decide to do and I was reading the wiki link you provided and for the "Papa" seat it says something about a male taking over the seat. Does this mean we're only allowed to play as males or...?
That is a slight problem, but the prize is mainly The World card as opposed to becoming the new Papa. The World card is the most powerful of all and controls the other cards, so the bearer is effectively in charge of all the other members of the famiglia; the title of 'Papa' is just for show haha. If a girl wins, they'll just become 'Mama' instead but still take the card :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manganum View Post
Spoiler:
Anyone interested in participating in a medieval-style Pokemon roleplay? ;) I'm quite proud of the world I've designed, and I think the story seems decent so far. It's going to be sandbox-style with an ultimate objective still in mind. As part of a task force investigating an assassination, you'll be led all across the region I've created, searching for answers and uncovering an ancient evil! I'm drawing on some minor inspiration found in media such as The Elder Scrolls, Lord of the Rings, Sword Art Online, et cetera. For example, your character will have a "class", but will not necessarily be restricted to only using a certain weapon or having particular skills. Giratina more-or-less takes on an Alduin-like role, reviving big bad enemies for the characters to deal with. I'm also thinking of incorporating the concept of a "capture quota" - basically, in every area, each available Pokemon will be split into Rare, Uncommon and Common tiers. Rares will cost two points, Uncommons one point, and Commons will be unlimited. In every chapter, a character will be granted a certain amount of points to spend as they see fit. This will basically eliminate the whole "I want to encounter [x Pokemon], but it's too overpowered!", leaving it completely up to the roleplayer.

I'm rambling. :( Anyone got some input? I'm trying to decide whether to include the "class" thing at all, but I still want to keep an MMO sandbox-type feel to it, while maintaining the more mature themes of battle and such.
This is sounding really confusing... xD I love how you've taken elements from lots of different areas, it's a really cool idea so far, I just hope it's a bit easier to follow when it's finished haha. A medieval-style Pokémon roleplay sounds awesome though, I'd certainly be interested in that!