Thread: [Discussion] Marijuana!
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
Well I'm sixteen, riding two years no accident, neither has my 13 year old bro, or 8 year old sister (she rides a dirt bike, so that may be a bit safer). Also that source may bit a bit bias, considering there are links directly to lawyers who handle that kind of thing.

Motorcycles are dangerous to super idiots who think they can ride without any experience. Someone who is good is in about the same danger as a car driver.

Also what about fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances. There is no way a group of people would make it to an emergency without a vehicle, so yea people would die without them. Even a normal citizen needs a car in non-city areas, not everyone is able to walk to work or school, the world is now much bigger nowadays. Maybe inthe 60s or 70s cars were not needed, but today they are about as important as a house or shoes.
If you live in the country, and need to travel far distances, and there is no public transportation, and you are the only breadwinner in your family, you may need a car. There is a large difference between driving and eating as far as necessity though. There is no equating the two. The fact that millions of people live without driver's licenses is proof enough of that. No one lives without food. In addition, anecdotes do not refute data. Watch your fallacies.

Quote:
According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2006, 13.10 cars out of 100,000 ended up in fatal crashes. The rate for motorcycles is 72.34 per 100,000 registered motorcycles...Per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists' risk of a fatal crash is 35 times greater than a passenger car.
Here's the actual government website where the information was gotten from originally. Are you implying that the US government is biased against motorcyclists and are therefore creating false data to make it seem more dangerous?

I am not comparing fire trucks and ambulances to food, I am comparing personal cars and personal motorcycles to food. There is zero comparison. I understand that you're having trouble letting go of your "I ride a motorcycle IT'S PERFECTLY SAFE OKAY" bias, but this is getting far off-topic so if you want to continue to take an opinion opposite to the facts feel free, I'm done discussing it with you lol.