View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2012 (08:46 AM).
FIQ

Quote originally posted by RichterSnipes:
Different versions of gpSP for different devices and by different developers are coded entirely differently, so comparing between two of them would be like comparing two completely different emulators. I don't know how Maemo works, but just looking at its gpSP's own compatibility list makes me feel skeptical about its accuracy. Not only is the list a bit lacking (games like Mega Man Zero don't work), but other commonly-played games require workarounds (Super Mario Advance 4, for instance).

What phone are you using, by the way? If it has at least a 1GHz processor, I'd suggest checking out GBA.emu on the Play Store. It's by a well-regarded emulator developer and it's based right off of one of the newest versions of VBA-M, so you can rely on it for good performance. Othewise I don't know what to tell ya, a lot of GBA emulators don't account for proper GB Synth emulation until later into development. This is especially true for GBA emulators made for portable devices.
I understand, and I guess that makes sense.
I'm running Nokia N900, which comes with a 600MHz processor. Even though I can overclock it, running 1GHz is a bit pushing it to the limit (kernel supports 1.15GHz as theoretical max, and that's *not recommended at all*)
Maemo isn't Android, so stuff at play store doesn't run without a very scary work-around with extremly limited compatibility for things.

I guess that I'll basically have to live with the GB Player sounding decent, but not "perfect" as on desktop VBA. It's not *that* bad, it's just noticeably wrong.