• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The first video game you played!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
could have sworn there was a thread like this...lol

Think back to the first time you got your hands on a video game, either you were a young one or maybe you're someone who just recently got into gaming and wanted to try out how video gaming is like. Which one was it? What console was it on? How old were you when you first got into gaming?

Of course, it doesn't *have* to be Pokemon. My very first game was this:

Duck%20Hunt.gif

Years
I know that my family had an SNES until I was about 2 or 3, but I don't think I ever played any games on it. The first game I do remember playing, though, was Sonic 2 on the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, which is still one of my favorites to this day. Even though we got a few more games after, Sonic 2 (and later NHL 95) were the only ones I played on the Sega. Actually, I didn't really start to get into gaming until we got our PS1 (still miss the times when my dad would take me to Blockbuster to rent a game every month or two).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Back then my parents were adamantly against videogames, so the only chance I had to play the Goomba-stomping original was at the babysitter's of all places. Farthest I got was World 8-1 by using the warp pipes, but to this day I haven't been able to beat that level xD

Years
Oh man I remember when I first played a video game.

For me, it was the good old PlayStation classic Crash Bandicoot.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
The furthest I can look back and remember is Super Mario 64. There might had been something before but honestly I can only remember so little from when I was 3.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The first game I probably played was Super Mario World, because my family has stories of me with that game and I wasn't even walking back then so I doubt I was playing many more games. The first one I remember though was probably...Yoshi's Island?

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
My first game was on my dads old NES it was the first final fantasy
I still have it and the old NES and still plug it in every once and a while to play the game was really song especially for a 5 year old who had a 4th grade reading level but not a great understanding of things ha

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
My first video game was actually Pokemon Crystal, ha! The first non-Pokemon game I played was probably Super Mario 64. I still love it to this day!

Years
Duck Hunt! My cousins had that along with Mario and this track game with this pad you ran on. That's got to be the first one I played. I can remember them cheating with the pad by using their hands.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Bubble Bobble when I was 2 or 3, back on the old c64:

bubble-bobble.gif

Ironically, this was the level I died at the first time I played. Coincidence?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I can't remember THE first game I played because I had a lot of games to play. When I was 3, my older brother was 16, so he went in and out of the house (social life luls). When he was 18, he moved out and left his NES and Sega Genesis. He left a chest full of games! For sure, I was playing games by age 5 then.

I often played The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Excitebike, Duck Hunt, and Contra on the NES and, I guarantee you, I played Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis to infinity and beyonddd.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
The first video game I played was Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64 I finished the game with my grandma's help in about six months.

NatureKeeper

It was magic, needless to say.

And after 10 years of trying, I finally beat it. (With the aid of Save States on the 3DS.)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
The first game I remember playing was "Bubsy: In Claws Encouters of the Furred Kind" for the SNES. It was the first game that my grandma bought when she got me SNES for my birthday, I can't remember exact year, around 1993 or 1994.

Years
The first game that I can remember playing is probably Donkey Kong Country.
There used to be a SNES in the waiting room for my doctors office when I was around 4 years old, and the only game they had was Donkey Kong Country. I remember completing the first level and thinking to myself, "Wow, I'm so good at this game! They should give me a medal or something."
I still completely love DKC :)

Other than that, I think the first game that I owned and enjoyed was one of the Pajama Sam games for PC. Anyone familiar with the series? (or Spy Fox, Freddie Fish, etc....no? Ok...)

Back