View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2012 (06:14 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by UlcisGodofChains:
I saw that someone more or less asked this question before, but I was wanting to find out whether or not someone had come up with a script for this already:

I was curious whether or not it would be possible to make the player able to choose from 5 starters rather than 3. I think someone said that it could happen, but it would require rewriting the pokemon giving script.

Also: I was curious how one would go about making more slots for attacks, items, abilities, etc on a FireRed hack. Thanks in advance.
If the Pokemon selection doesn't have an animation, then it is very much possible.
All you do is add 2 more pokeballs onto the map, then you just place the give pokemon script into those balls and there you go. You would obviously need to tell the player what Pokemon they make their choice on it. You could use the picture and cry commands to fit with it.
I don't know the script for this myself but you would get an answer from the Script Help Thread.

As for the extra attack slots, That isn't possible with scripts.
I don't think you can do that with ASM hacking. But I don't know a lot about ASM so I'm not 100% sure about it.
Might be worth looking into.