View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2012, 06:35 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
I have a lot of updating to do, so I'm going to break it up into a few posts. And because there's one very important update that deserves a post of it's own that will be coming up.

By the way, I want to just say I enjoy reading everyone else's stories immensely. It inspires me to keep going with my own! Keep it up everyone!

November 5, 2012

I had a long day at work, but I did manage to earn a new medal, making 40/56:
Great Trade-Up

Dream World: Vanilluxe. Found: a Dratini that knows Water Pulse; a Sableye that knows Sucker Punch. Down to only needing to find 3 more Pokémon in the Sparkling Sea.

November 7, 2012

I took a ride on the Royal Unova to give my Pokémon some experience, and also to make some extra money in the process. I then went to the Castelia Gardens and caught yet another Eevee, this time in a Timer Ball.

Dream World: Sawsbuck. Found: nothing new, Sandshrew that knows Counter.

I a few more trips out to the Castelia Gardens, and caught two more Eevee! This time I caught one in a Luxury Ball, and the other in a Dusk Ball.

November 8, 2012

In the morning, I went into the Dream World with Magnemite. In addition to gaining a level, we found a female Druddigon with the ability Mold Breaker.

Evening: Dream World: Escavalier. Found: nothing new; Dratini with Dragonbreath.

November 9, 2012

I’m off to a local game convention for the weekend! But before I left, I went into the Dream World with Growlithe. In addition to gaining a level, which will come in handy for the Castelia Gym, we also found a Drilbur that knows the move Metal Sound.

In between, I think I’ll train at the Castelia Gym. I chose to take with me Rattata, Koffing, and Growlithe, as I think their mix of types is most appropriate for a bug-type gym.

November 10, 2012

Burgh has done quite a bit of… redecorating in his gym since I was first there a year and a half ago. Instead of having a connection of chambers like a honeycomb, the gym was now covered in in thin, silky threads that formed cocoons of various heights. These cocoons are used to travel between the various levels of the gym. I battled the trainers in the gym, and there was one who popped out of one of the cocoons who used a Combee in his battle!

“Combee, the Tiny Bee Pokémon. Combee are a set of three that are together from birth. They constantly gather honey from flowers. When they sleep, they gather up to form a giant hive.”

I made it to the top of the gym where Burgh was wrapped in a cocoon of his own amidst a dozen or so paint cans, some of which had spilled all over the floor to make a wet mixture of colors to walk on. I told him that I’d like to challenge him to an official gym match using the Pokémon I’ve recently caught. He agreed that we would battle tomorrow.

After doing a little more training, my Rattata evolved into a Raticate!

“Raticate, the Mouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of Rattata. Raticate whittle their constantly growing fangs by gnawing on hard things. With those long fangs, these surprisingly violent Pokémon can gnaw away even thick concrete with ease.”

175. Raticate

November 11, 2012

So by the time I got back from the convention, I was way too tired to do much of anything, including having a gym battle. So we postponed it until tomorrow, since I have off of work.
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 23 Obtained 4
Kalos Medals: 74
Kalos Ribbons: 6