View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2012 (05:48 PM). Edited November 24th, 2012 by Dark Azelf.
Dream Evil.
Team Sinnoh
Gold Tier

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by Impo:
the trainer at the gym says I need to eat more but I don't know what to eat I know he said carbs and protein so like chicken rice idk here's hoping
Sup. What is your goal ? Im assuming its to gain muscle mass since he said you need to eat more.

Firstly you need to know how many calories your body needs and then we can go from there. A tool that has been awesome for me is; http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm i find other calculators overshoot it a bit, i found that one works the best for me. If you want to "gain mass" then add 500 onto the maintenance calories.

It would be also be helpful if you gave me your weight and height then i could calculate roughly how much of each you need.

In general you want to be eating good whole foods, ill list some for you. Eat as much vegetables as you want for vital minerals and fiber. Drink plenty of water. Brown Rice, brown pasta, brown bread, Oats, Potatoes are all awesome carbs. All kinds of meat work for protein really along with cheese and eggs etc. I also call Milk, Beans and Nuts (and peanut butter) "perfect" foods for you when lifting weights since they have essentially everything you need packed in them. As for the sweet sugary foods, id tend to avoid them bar after workouts to replace lost muscle glycogen quickly. Fruit is great too. Also id recommend taking a protein supplement, they really help meeting your protein demands. Weight gainers can work also if you really are struggling getting enough calories in throughout the day and are a naturally slender person. Basically moderation is key along with meeting your daily calorie needs.

I hope this helped clear up some stuff for you.
Since the beginning of time, man has sought to know the unimaginable. To shake hands with the intangible. To measure the abstract with concrete gauges, to fit the mind of the infinite within the imagination of the finite. Nevermore.