View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Aeon
I CAN MAKE SPAGHETTI (´・ω・`)
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
F-Zero. I understand Miyamoto doesn't think much can be added to the games, but that doesn't mean they'd still be a blast anyway.

Banjo-Kazooie could use a serious one. While I thought Nuts & Bolts was actually great in its own right, it was tough for me to embrace them as games in the series (the development that led to it was an absolute mess.) I wouldn't say give it to Rare though, but instead those ex-Rare guys who are currently interested in making the spiritual successor to Banjo-Tooie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
An example would be Guitar Hero. I remember it was waaaaay popular back then, and sadly after the release of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Activision ceased development of the series because of dissolution and weak sales. And honestly, I think the series should have moved to the newer consoles.
I think Guitar Hero died because if you think about it, the rhythm game genre has faded mostly into obscurity. The only times I see rhythm games played as a whole nowadays are in arcade areas almost exclusively. Rock Band 3 is still alive, but I have yet to meet someone who still plays it as of recent, and it's only going via its insane quantity of DLC. Rhythm games also seem to trend; we essentially went from dance pad games, to plastic instruments, to physical dancing games (present.) I'd like to see Guitar Hero and Rock Band return to how they were, but unless society shows a new interest, it'll remain a cult classic.