View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
My aunt is pretty clueless when it comes to using her computer, so I've had a lot of... interesting stories with her. One example included her complaining that she didn't have Google on her desktop, even though her homepage was Google, and all she just had to click on her Internet Explorer icon (trying to explain the difference to her between different internet browsers took me way too long). I eventually just renamed the IE shortcut to Google, and she was much happier. A more recent example is that she insists on playing Spider Solitaire on a sketchy website, despite it being one of the pre-installed games on her computer. Long story short, I can't convince her to use the version on the computer, but she figures as long as she runs her anti-virus 4 or 5 times in a row after she's done playing, it'll be okay.

And now I have to buy her a new mouse, because she figured it would be a good idea to take her old one all apart to get the dust out of it. It can't be cordless, though, or else the mouse and the computer might not talk to each other...
I think you just about take the cake, here.

My story:

My grandma is 70, and she recently got a new mac desktop computer. She automatically assumed that you can just type things and it would just work.

She spent at least 30 minutes typing "google" in a notebook in her desktop trying to get it to search.
She showed me her huge notepad full of the repeating phrase "google chicken recipe google chicken recipe". :C

I had to click on google for her.