View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM
MegamanDX
Pokemon/Megaman fan

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to MegamanDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theik View Post
Looking through your 'design document', I can't help but scratch my head. You talk as if the game is already done, you've even included system specs, yet... you have nothing coded. How could you possibly know the system specs if nothing has been made yet?

Now from what I could read in this topic, you're planning to be the story guy, the one who's writing the actual story and what not. If so, I have some suggestions for you:

For starters, take some grammar and spelling classes. Take this sentence:
You panic but know that the only way to save your Pokemon life is use what ever
was given to you...
Not only does it sound like something written by an eleven year old child, it is grammatically incorrect that it makes it sound like you are the Pokémon. The entire document is absolutely riddled with these kinds of errors, and if you ever hope to make a game that looks even remotely professional, you really need to watch it.

Other than that... the story seems really incoherent. The boy trainer has a pikachu, the female trainer has a shiny legendary? Why? This makes no sense. Also, while I understand that you like both Pokémon and Megaman.EXE, you're basically just copy + paste two games into one, even though the universes have nothing to do with eachother.

All in all, it feels a lot more like an incoherent fanfic than something that would even be remotely interesting as a game.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here:
Are you joking!?! Its not even close from started!

Im still a long ways away from even able with the beginnings of all my concepts being put to use....

As I addressed my programmer and he took over the project as well,The game design document really don't have very much in it right now as it contains some game references,concepts I have been working on and a plot which I haven't even had the time the work on...

I don't have many effective skills for making a game but I got my ideas and story telling which i'm very good at but....I know what you were saying. I really don't have any skills....Just good with ideas and also the fact that its been my life long dream: I really do want to change Pokemon out of the repetitiveness it has been in for so long....No more Pokemon standing there and getting hit like crazy in the version games....Somthing different....

And the idea behind the girl getting a legendary Pokemon is...Well,simply Shiny Celebi has pink fur and also your girl hero in battle form will have pink armor as well. Also as I put and the beta manual,Pikachu and Shiny Celebi are not the only Pokemon you get as first...You also get a starter(hence why the manual is in beta right now).

Oh! and thanks for the image....Even tho,its not how the stats in battle are going to look in battle or the menus [spoiler] [/spoiler ]

HUh? the spoilers tags don't work here...

Finally,Don't all video game story's feel like fanfics? Take PMD for example...