View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2012 (09:40 PM).
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Okay, I'll do a short one today.

I'm going to stop doing just new cards because otherwise I'll run out within a few weeks. I'll do somewhat non-mainstream but useful cards in general as well as new cards (yay).

December 6, 2012

Radiant Photon Paradios

Code:
Rank 4 - LIGHT - Warrior/Xyz/Effect
2000 ATK / 1000 DEF

2 Level 4 LIGHT monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card 
to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; the 
target's ATK becomes 0, and negate its effects. When this 
card on the field is destroyed by your opponent's card (either
by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: 
Draw 1 card.
Paradios - or, as I used to call this card, Photonknight Paladius - has a cool effect, and is essentially a floater. It can beat over anything it wants to, and both the attack reduction and the effect negation are permanent. Sounds like the makings of a good card, right? Unfortunately not. Paradios is actually rather hard to make - much harder than something like Bahamut Shark, which can be summoned easily via Gishki Beast, for example, but still doesn't see a lot of play - because of its stringent requirement of 2 LIGHT monsters. This essentially means you use two Neos Alius to make this card: because of this however, this card is then vying for competition with the extremely strong Heroic Bro - Excalibro as well as Double Attack Ninja, and thus there is no real situation that you'd want to summon this card in, especially because it gets run over so easily by a multitude of threats (it can't even beat a Shock Master in battle... sigh). The other deck this could be good in is Chaos Ninja, but that deck has both the aforementioned alternative choices as well (and doesn't even want to summon Upstart Golden with the first Upstart Golden, since it would rather get Hanzo to fetch an Upstart Golden to hand instead). The only possible way this could work would be either in a Thunder Seahorse / Sishunder / Batteryman AAA sort of mishmash deck or a Rabbit deck with Alexandrite Dragon, but the former is not great as a deck choice in general while the latter would rather run Sabersaurus / Kabazauls / Evilswarm Heliotrope (for Laggia + Dolkka / Ophion action).

So unfortunately Paradios will have to sit in the corner being a card that nobody plays for now. Oh well.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.