View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012 (06:26 AM).
Hyper Chibi Absol
The Chibiest Absol ever :3

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by DrFuji:
I did some experimenting to replicate what you've been experiencing and it seems like you may have overwritten a number of pointers which point to the lists (Grass, Water, Headbutt etc.) of which Pokemon appear on which route. This large block of pointers is located between 0x39D454 and 0x39DBEA in Ruby. There are quite a few zeroes in this location so something was probably inserted here accidentally and overwrote stuff. You should be able to C+P this data from a clean Ruby ROM to remove the error notification and let your lists save themselves again.

Unfortunately if you do this then any new list pointers which are still usable will be deleted and the the actual new Pokemon lists will be lost somewhere in your ROM. For example: the Route 101 grass Pokemon list will still show your changes, but if you added a water list in Route 101 then its pointer will be deleted. Also, whatever you inserted and overwrote everything with will be deleted so that may cause problems somewhere.

Hopefully that was the culprit, but if not could you post a patch in the thread/ PM it to me so I can have a better look at it?
Well I'll try that but first how do I change the pointers back? I never even knew about pointers till I used Advanced trainer (which is also giving me problems). I didn't think I changed anything because I was only moving the Pokemon around. Do I need another program to change the HEX or something, or did I just overlook something that's in Advanced Map? *facewall* Sorry for all the questions. To be honest, I'm kind of a newb at this. x-x;;;

Bliss is love
Yin and Yang
Yang and Yin

We are one in the same...

Heart and Soul
Soul and Heart
You and me
Me and you

Let our lives be more than this game...

~Hyper Chibi Absol

Hyper Chibi Absol x TheUmbreonMaster