View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Iacobus
sǝɯɐɾ

First of all, why is this necessary?
I'm pretty sure there already is a thread like this somewhere. It is of course possible they are deleted or that their layout isn't as 'nice' as this one, but none the less.. I think you can find more useful and detailed documentation on the internet with a simple search.

Secondly, if you want to teach someone something, make sure you know what you want to teach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Yes, offsets in the ROM are all stored in hex within the ROM, along with everything else in the game.
It's weird you're saying this, as in your 'tutorial' you correctly state that hexadecimal is just a number system, with a radix of 16.
Nothing is stored in hex, it's your editor that represents the data as such, because it's easier for humans to read, interpret and understand than a bunch of 0 and 1's.

Also, don't focus on a specific Windows OS, or any OS for that matter. I'm referring to that calc related paragraph.
Just get rid of it and learn them how to manually convert hexadecimal numbers to decimal, octal and/or binary.

It would be nice too, if people didn't post tutorials containing "Coming soon..." sections.