View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2012, 09:59 AM
icomeanon6
It's "I Come Anon"

Do I like reviewing? Absolutely. Do I have time for reviewing? Barely any.

We all know it's frustrating to get no reviews for a story, because with very few exceptions we've all been there, and we empathize. But, the simple fact of the matter is that reading and reviewing takes time, and most of us are kept pretty busy with school/work, reading other things, playing Pokemon, and writing our own stuff. I can't speak for everyone of course, but a lot of us are trying to maintain a good ratio of stories we review to chapters we post. Speaking in particular as someone who has a tendency to vanish for a few months at a time, I apologize, in both senses of the word.

As for the content of reviews, I and I believe most people here do indeed think before we post. In my mind there are two main goals where reviewing is concerned: acknowledging successes, and helping the writer improve. I don't think most users here "blow up" on a writer unless it's in response to the writer taking constructive criticism poorly.

If you yourself are getting frustrated because of a void of reviews, my advice is to stick around. Being active in the community is the best way to get more attention when you write something, and don't get discouraged if it takes a while.

Also, I don't think we've met, so nice to meet you!

My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier - 14 chapters, indefinite hiatus. Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure - 8 chapters, completed. Digimon Campaign - 7 chapters, ongoing

One-shots:
There's Always Tomorrow (SWC 2009), A Matter of Stubbornness (SWC 2010), Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place),
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It (2012), By What Right? (SWC 2013 1st place), Back in the Day (SWC 2014 1st place) (New!)

Family (kind of?): Strange person who calls me strange names

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.