View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2012 (07:42 PM).
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Astinus:
Also, on AO3, they have the "Kudos" system, which is pretty much the equivalent of "liking" a story without any comment to it. (This does work really well for those of us who want to say we like a story, but don't want to be part of the group complained about with "why didn't they say more in their comment?")

Each writing community is different. When you're ready to post your fics, ideally you would look around and see what the place is like, and what you're going to get from the people in the community. Like with ff.net, you'll get a lot of reviews, but they'll mostly be of the (and I quote from a ff.net tab I have open right now) "great chapter" for every single chapter you write. If you look around several forums, you'll see the type of reviews posted there. Some fanfic forums (SPPf comes to mind) are known for giving a good amount of in-depth reviews, so if you want to improve your writing, you go there.

PC's fic community has always been rather quiet on the review front. So... =C
I've been working on posting it to FF.net, but it didn't get anything except one of them that had little results. Technically I write because I get inspired and I wanted people to see it. But it didn't make any progress. Still I might write unless I get satisfied.