Old December 8th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Name: Dane Cordes

Nationality: American

Character: Mario (Regular)

Differences: Mario was a fairly easy costume to make of course, as he didn't expect that he'd be the only Mario at the convention. One difference of course is that he isn't as short as the real Mario but of course taller, going by about 5'8 height. He managed to replicate Mario's attire fairly accurately using a Mario hat Replica gained from a Club Nintendo premium reward a couple years back, and used blue jean overalls and a long red shirt, as well as brown boots and white gloves. He was able to get his look fairly accurately minus the height and the nose. He uses a fake mustache as well to fit Mario signature facial hair. In his back pocket he also carried around a Plush fire flower and a Starman in case he wanted to do run around the convention as if he were invincible for a short period, for fun of course. Dane even managed to get a pretty good Mario impression down as well. He also has a badge on his overalls for Nintendo fest as well.

Not much else can be said for his looks as Mario, he looks as close to the real thing as he could possibly think of. Another difference would be that he has slightly longer hair then Mario and that its colored black. Dane's skin is also a slightly darker shade of tan then Mario's.

Roleplay Sample: Dane was slowly beginning to awaken... as he started to regain his consciousness, he was noticed he could hear water rushing by... when he got up, he noticed that he was still in costume. He seemed to by a river, fairly close to the beach as well. He was beside a large broken crate, along with some pieces of rope. Dane took off his Mario hat and rubbed his head, trying to think about what had just happened to him. He recalled he was at Nintendofest... dressed as Mario. He was having the time of his life and made for an entertaining Mario cosplay keeping in character throughout the entire day. He ran into what he assumed was a Bowser cosplay eventually... it was spot on too! He asked the Bowser cosplayer to possibly do something with him... after that, it was dark. He remembered being tied up for a moment but anything after that was a blank. He had no idea where he was at...

"Wha-" Dane stopped for a moment. He was almost about to talk to himself with his Mario voice. He coughed and went out of character. "Where in the world am I..." Dane wondered. He did his best to regain his composure. Maybe he was just thrown out of the convention for rough housing... though this might have been kind of harsh treatment... no something else was going on, and Dane was on the verge of freaking out.

When Dane began observing his surroundings, he noticed beside him was a white dragon humanoid creature. It caused him to scream and fall right on his back. He backed up quickly and nervously. How could a cosplayer make this look so real! She was flying too!

"I don't have much time as others need my help. My name is Camella. My brother, insane, sent those creatures to kidnap you and several others to bring to this island. I don't know what his purpose was but I fear for the worst. I'll need all of your help dealing with him." She said.

"W-wait, me? Help? I may look like THE Super Mario but I'm not the real thing! I doubt I'd be much help!" Dane insisted. Camella nodded and held her hand toward Dane emitting a bright light toward him. Dane didn't feel much different from it though... he had no idea what had just happened.

"I have just given you the abilities of your character, Mario in this case. You will be as athletic as the real thing. You are currently on Augustine Island, where my brother's hideout is currently located. I'm sorry but I must help the others, make use of your powers and please, assist me in saving the world." She said. Without a word she quickly flew off.

"Ah! Hang on!" Dane called out. But she was gone. "Abilities of my character...?" He wondered.

"If I have the abilities of Mario... then..." Dane quickly ran forward and jumped with all his might. He ended up jumping much higher then usual! And landing perfectly as if he had trained to move like this his whole life! He tried to think of other abilities Mario might have... He proceeded to jump once more, then a second time, only slightly higher, then with his third jump, he performed a somersault and landed right on his feet. He indeed had the athletic abilities of Mario!

"This is... I can't believe it! I'm doing all of these tricks as if I've done this for years! There's gotta be more..." Dane continued to practice Mario's different moves. Back flips, the Mario Tornado, and even manged to throw a fireball! Even though Dane was stranded on an island, it felt like the best day of his life! He literally was Mario!

"Saving the world she said...? Ha! That'll be a breeze! I'm Mario! Mario always saves the day in the end! Whatever they throw at me, I'll take out easily!" Dane said, extremely overconfident with his new athletic abilities. The only problem though... where was he going to start? At the moment, his abilities were all he had. He didn't have a change of clothes, food, or anything of the sort. Well... he didn't have anything to lose... so all he had to do was march forward into the forest. He started by following the river to see where it might lead him...

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)

Last edited by Megaman765; December 9th, 2012 at 11:54 AM.