View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2012 (07:19 AM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Scarf:
Personally I felt the last book was not so great. In the company of myself I call it Harry Potter and the Overly Long Camping Trip.

But really, as a book series I think it's best enjoyed in the company of others so that you can share in the story. It's like going to a movie with friends. You can talk about it after. I think that's the best part of the books. Without that, I don't know if I'd have gone through the effort of finishing them so I can see why, at this point and time, someone wouldn't really care for them.
I don't know. I got through the first four books when I was the only one reading this series at my school. I think one person was reading book 5, but I waited a couple of weeks for school to end until I picked it up.

In high school, I knew others who read the books. But it didn't strengthen my appreciation of the books. Also, a couple were diehard fans and I had no idea what they were talking about most of the time.

I simply liked to read them. I liked reading on my terms. I enjoyed the movies. But I was never fanatical on either account.

The books are classics and they were fun to read.