View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2012 (01:10 PM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Shining Raichu:
Blowing you up certainly doesn't prove that Harry Potter is a good series, it just serves to make me feel better. I don't need to prove to you that Harry Potter is a good series. It's not even a matter of opinion, it's a worldwide acknowledged fact. JK Rowling spent 17 years proving it to you, it would be a disservice to her work not to let it speak for itself.

What you're doing though, is oversimplifying the books into a shadow of what they are so that they can fit into a formula that you can pass off as boring. If you have no interest in the intricacies of the books beyond that nuts-and-bolts shell you've created to house your opinion on them, then there's nothing I can do for you.
I do appreciate the character's stories woven together, and how each character has their own backstory and whatnot, but you don't even get into most of these "intricacies of the books" until number 6 or 7. Also, the whole idea of escaping death every time bugs me. People are going to die, sorry to say, if the odds are stacked against them one-million to one, even in the first couple books. Oh, and once someone (Harry) does die, he comes back to life. Yes, I understand this is a fiction book involving magic, but coming back to life always bugs me because its so unnatural. You're dead, now stay dead.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.