View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2012 (5:19 AM).
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
Well, Some RNG abusers have said before, RNG in gen III may take hours and days just to get one pokemon but it is worth as some pokemon can only have a certain move in gen III like ST Chansey . Keep trying, I know you will get it. And sorry for not posting the link, i guess I was so sleepy that I forget to post it but there it is
Thanks for the link, that is acctually very helpful looking! I was thinking you meant the guides on the main Smogon site for RNG in general (Which is where I learned GEN IV and GEN V).

The longest part of Gen III abuse is that it doesn't rely on date/time combination, but time from when you start the game. So, if the spread you want only shows up an hour after re-setting, you have to wait an hour. For attempting to learn RNG on Gen III, I was selecting spreads roughly a minute in. I wanted (and still want) to learn this primarily as a way to get a collection of Ditto's with two or more perfect stats (Yes, I know a perfect Ditto in all states might be ideal), and I was able to find a spread with two perfect stats in roughly a minute of waiting. I have tried different timers (I prefer a Java timer to the Eon timer), but it just seems a little hard to get right. I am always off by about 10 to 20 frames each time. Yes, that was what it was like the first few times trying to hit delays when I was RNGing in Gen IV...

My newest desire to learn Gen III is so that I can level up to 100 on Mt. Battle (Just feels so much quicker, a game cube controller is much more comfortable in my hand, and my two year old likes to watch me play it on the TV). But I will also keep in mind being able to get moves that are now exclusive to Gen III that way.

Thanks again.