Thread: [Discussion] The Food Industry
View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
People who are overweight eat too much. It doesn't matter what you eat as long as you don't eat too much of it, and if you do, it's important you try to lose the excess calories. You can eat a hamburger everyday and lose weight, or eat 50 fruits a day and gain weight. It's all about the amount of calories you take in, in relation to the amount you lose. The problem is not necessarily the food either - we have the choice to buy natural products instead of processed, we have that choice when we are in the store. The problem is that food isn't as scarce as it used to be and instead it's become too available, but it's still in our genetics to eat as much as we can since that is how we used to survive. There is an abundance of food, but we don't have to work for it anymore like we used to, so the problem lies with us. It's pure laziness. Instead of buying natural products and making your own pasta sauce, you can just buy it canned and that's what people do, thus I firmly believe that being overweight is a choice. I know there are exceptions, but most of the time it's because people do not make a healthy choice when they can.

Also, I don't believe in diets. Some are good, but most of them teach you to eat less and that is not a good way to lose weight. As a matter of fact, eating less only slows your metabolism and you end up gaining weight faster than you used to. The key to losing weight is of course eating healthy, but mostly eating more often a day, and in smaller portions. And a little walk of 30 minutes a day is enough to keep it balanced.