View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2012 (02:03 PM).
Monocolorist

Nature: Quiet
So I got angry at my SoulSilver run after my game froze after training without saving for about an hour. So, I did the entire Emerald run!

Pokemon Red Monocolor Challenge Emerald First and Final Update

Name: Red
Starter: Kickpunchr the Torchic

-Blahblahblah Kickpunchr evolved, Roxanne was easy.
-Delivered the Letter in Dewford, then went straight to the route north of Slateport to catch the second member of the team, Loras the Oddish
-Backtracked to grab the Exp Share, then went back and took out Brawly easily with Kickpunchr’s Peck
-Loras evolved into Gloom on the same route we caught him on
-Wattson wasn’t that bad, I had a few levels on him.
-Got to Meteor Falls and caught the third team member, Dagr the Solrock
-Got Dagr up to the same level-ish as the rest of the team and he went on to completely tank the Flannery fight
-Norman actually came down to the wire, with Slaking taking out Kickpunchr as soon as he came out with a Façade crit.
-Got Surf, got the Good Rod, got the last member of the team, Claudia the Corphish
-Route 119 was the route of evolutions: Claudia evolved into Crawdaunt on a random trainer battle, Kickpunchr evolved into Blaziken in the Weater Institute, and we found a Leaf Stone which we used to evolved Loras into Vileplume
-Dagr single-handedly destroyed Winona
-Dealt with the bad guy stuff, then Dagr took control of the Tate and Liza fight, with everyone else being at his side at some point
-It took a couple of tries from Loras and Claudia to take out Juan, mainly because Kingdra is more trouble than it’s worth. Got lucky with an Ice Beam freeze hax.
-Got through Victory Road, grinded everyone to Lv. 50
-Tried the E4, realized I was missing something, went to the Power Plant thing, and used my Master Ball to catch YoungNeil2 the Voltorb!
-Trained up YoungNeil2 on trainer rematches and in Victory Road, during which, of course, he evolved into Electrode
-Then to the E4!

-Kickpunchr ruined most of Sidney’s day with +1 Double Kicks, with Claudia stepping in to finish the job
-Claudia walled Phoebe for the most part
-Kickpunchr, Claudia, and YoungNeil2 took out Glacia with little issue
Claudia was the star in the Drake fight
-The Wallace fight was an absolute disaster, mostly because his Milotic is a goshdarned so-and-so. I literally had to item spam until is got down to STRUGGLE. Ugh. The fight got done though

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Kickpunchr the Blaziken ♂, Lv.53
Ability: Blaze
-Double Kick
-Bulk Up
-Aerial Ace
-Blaze Kick

Loras the Vileplume ♂, Lv.52
Ability: Chlorophyll
-Giga Drain