View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Satycorn89
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
You could use Mamoswine to set up Stealth Rock, or have a strong attacker on the physical end alongside Abomasnow. But to be aware, Snow Cloak is now banned alongside Hail:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Endeavor
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat

or
-Earthquake
-Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard
-Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Band

or
-Earthquake
-Icicle Spear/Icicle Crash
-Stone Edge
-Superpower
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf

As tempting as Curse is, Walrein can't use it too well because its bad defensive typing lets it down. It's a freakin' stall machine in Hail, courtesy of Ice Body and the right moves. It should always be used with Abomasnow:
-Substitute
-Protect
-Roar/Toxic
-Blizzard/Surf
Nature: Bold
EVs: 232 HP/108 Def/148 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body

Edit: here's a more offensive, yet still supportive, take on Espeon. Even with its decent Special Defense, Espeon still has a hard time taking special hits thanks to its low HP:
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Baton Pass
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
I see, thanks. Those Mamoswine movesets are really good. I'm using White, so I can't get Endeavor at the moment, what is I switch it with Icicle Crash in the first moveset?

Also, snap, my Spheal Has Thick Fat ... I have already spent days getting it with the right IVs, I just can't switch to another Spheal now... Do i toss it now that it doesn't have Ice Body, or am I still able to use it well? What would you suggest?
And last, about Espeon, I have IV breed it for days to, until I got the Eevee I wanted, but it's Hidden Power is Grass :/... Can I replace Hidden Power Fighting with the move Psychic?
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Baton Pass

Edit: Also I have a soon to be Froslass with Snow Cloak, what would be wise to use it with? The battles will be double ones, and I will be playing with Friends through infrared, not over Wi-Fi. Also I'm not making a mono-type team, I will be making about 2-3 mixed teams, but I can use two pokemon of the same type, as you suggested using Walrein with Abomasnow.
Thank you very much!

Pokemon White Friend Code: 4213 2543 6289

Last edited by Satycorn89; December 16th, 2012 at 05:33 AM.