View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Phantom
Uh, I didn't do it
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateon View Post
Just wanted to point out that medication doesn't always work. I can't count the number of different medicines I have been on- but then again, I don't want to blow anyone's brains out, so I guess there's a difference.
There are no medications for Aspergers... there are no medications for autism. There are treatment plans, but there is a difference between treatment and 'miracle drug'. No one case or person is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Here is your shooter. Who evidently was an Autistic/had Asperger's. And raised by a mother who evidently had issues of her own.
... Aspergers is on the spectrum. Please, no slash, just put Asperger's.

If this is gonna turn into a 'let's pot shot Aspies' party I won't be a happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
This is the weapon he used. A Semi-Automatic that fires a round with every pull of the trigger, meaning you can fire hundreds upon hundreds of rounds per minute, as fast as you can pull the trigger.The AR-15 uses high-powered fragmentation ammunition that literally explodes on impact. So you can imagine what these did to 6 and 7 year olds.

*large pic*

Still think that should be legal?
\

One, just no. A fully auto AR has a rate of fire of 800 rounds a minute... a semi auto? Not so much. Sustained rate of fire, is LIMITED, maybe 40-50 depending on the shooter. That's not including reload time.

Two... I really want to know what type of ammo you're talking about, because I'm pretty sure that's not it. ARs are civ models, and usually carry ammo like .223/5.56, which actually can be less deadly than those used in a 'standard' handgun. Most likely those were recreational rounds. I'm pretty sure you were thinking of hollow or soft points...

Actually I just looked it up, it was .223. So no hollows or softies.

Three that's not a standard AR-15... It's an AR15 Sporter SP1 Carbine.

This is an AR15... A Bushmaster standard AR-15

The AR15 is a civ version of the M16 and the M4.

A 'bare bones' model.

I highly doubt that he had special accesories, since they cost so much more and are so damn hard to get.

Last edited by Phantom; May 24th, 2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: I'm fully aware of what I'm talking about. Lose the attitude buddy.