View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
I'll ask for a reserve on one condition. would my character be allowed to attack other trainers out of desperation if he was losing a battle?
Hm. I was thinking we wouldn't be as bound by turns and rules in battles as the old games were - at least I am planning to do it more like in the anime, only with health bars I guess.

So I guess it wouldn't be impossible, as the player's human character is a realistic enough entity even in the midst of a battle. Your character would probably get a really bad reputation for doing so, though. Kind of equal to player killers in other games :p

Hey, I was thinking about having some kind of professions that the players could go about doing besides training, to make the world seem more alive. I didn't include them in the final thread, but I think maybe I'd want to implement them anyways. It would be stuff like:

Breeder (taking other people's pokémon in and watching over them until they produce an egg MAGICALLY OK no adult stuff it's a game u know. Only breeders can make pokémon produce eggs. This sounds so obscene. But it isn't)
Tutor (like a daycare on the move, training other people's pokémon for money. Tutors could teach pokémon moves they don't naturally have in their level-up moves list)
Crafter (crafting evolution items from parts, for money. They can find items out in routes, that no one else can find)
Chemist (gathering berries and plants to make potions for selling. Probably only chemists would be able to find and pick berries if this was a profession)
Angler (the only ones who can use the Super Rod and they will catch rarer pokémon with the Good Rod than others will. People can pay them to capture water types for them, or trade other pokémon for the angler's caught ones)

And you could suggest professions to me and I could include them in the RP if they sound alright.

trust me, I'm the Doctor !