View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Adventure
Seer of Light

Nature: Naive

K R I S S U
Real Age: 17
Real Gender: Female

Personality: Christina would call herself a nerd. She doesn't get out much and would rather stay at home watching a new anime episode or playing a game than go to a party. Luckily, her school hasn't got the worst case of "coolkids vs geeks" so she there isn't really anyone who says she can't be who she is. She even had a best friend there, whose name was Malcolm. He had ugly glasses just like her and didn't have a care in the world besides what pokémon he was going to put on his team in the new game. Just like her.

In the real world, Christina loved to laugh and be silly. She knew that she wasn't hot in any way and had accepted that guys didn't look her way. It didn't bother her anymore; maybe she was becoming mature? She isn't easily scared and doesn't get sad easily. This has led people to believe that she is remarkably shallow for being such a geek, but in truth she often ponders deeper questions in life and can get lost in thought incredibly easily. She just doesn't see the point of letting bad stuff bring you down, at least not without a struggle.

When our story starts though, Krissu's mood has changed, possibly permanently. She hardly ever laughs anymore, even though Litwick does its best to make her. Her otherwise beautiful face often wears a scorn of determination. All she can think of is to find strong pokémon and keep fighting on. To lay low would be to give up and after what happened... Krissu would never give up again.

History: Christina grew up in a small city in Scotland. Her avatar retains her nice dialect. Her father was a teacher, luckily not in Christina's school, and her mother was a painter. Christina had not always liked the paintings that her mother put up around the house, but as she grew older she was starting to appreciate them more. She could actually understand what her mother had felt when she painted some of them now. She was the only child and over the course of her life she had gained many different friends that she had brought home, but none remained her close friend for very long. It might have been that Christina was more obsessed with her interests than with being friends, or it might have been that she was just generally too intense for the other kids. Christina had told herself that it was her mother's ugly paintings, until she grew old enough to accept the fact that she had only herself to blame.

When MAO was announced, Christina was already a big pokémon fan. She made sure to get a copy and spent a long time designing her avatar. It looked a lot like a person from one of her animes, but she figured other people would also be inspired by already existing characters when making their profiles, so she thought it would be ok. Normally when she played pokémon, she liked to have diverse and exotic teams, preferably with a lot of offensive power. But now she thought she should try to be a softer trainer and picked the cute Litwick to start off with.

Malcolm acquired the game too, and they met up inside the game as planned. Together, they explored the first route and Christina was really happy. This world was immense. It was so real. Here, she and Malcolm could be the good looking prince and princess that they deserved to be! When the lockdown happened, Christina was afraid at first, but Malcolm calmed her down and said that they'd better take it easy and see how other players fared before they did anything rash. And so they stayed in Cherrygrove for the first days, together with many others. A random NPC kid asked Christina for a battle but she refused apologetically, saying that she'd given up the game already. Malcolm accepted in her place, to get some casual training in since the NPC kid was so weak. It wouldn't be a risk. When the kid's pokémon had its health down in the red area, Malcolm's was still just below the green.

She would always remember how he had looked back on her and winked. Piece of cake, she could see him think, before the NPC kid got a critical hit. Malcolm's face gained a surprised look as his pokémon fainted and the whole body of his avatar turned white as snow. Then it shattered, into a thousand pieces of glimmering data that the wind quickly carried away. At that moment, Christina disappeared and Krissu truly entered the scene.

Avatar Appearance: Krissu is 170 cm tall and lanky, without much in terms of curvature. She is designed to be a beautiful girl, something Christina took great care with. Her face is delicate and thin with pink lips and large eyes with reddish irises but not too suggestive eyelashes. The most striking feature is her long, bubblegum pink hair. It is bushy but most of it reaches down below her breasts, where it is kept loosely in two red ribbons.

Her clothing firstly consists of a simple, black, armless dress. Most of her legs is covered by dark gray stockings and on her feet she wears cute, blue strap shoes. On her upper body, she wears a white hooded coat, most often with the hood pulled back. The coat can be closed in the front by a number of small, bronze fastening buckles. Krissu's bag is of the same blue color as her shoes and is carried over the shoulder with the strap going across her chest. Her pokéballs lie in side pockets on the bag, rather easily accessible.

Roleplay Sample: From Checkmate.
Spoiler:
I put my LOSERGLOVES on and grabbed hold of the POINTYTHINGY. My spritefellow was behind me, as grumpy as ever. But he agreed to follow as I once again went out from my room into the imp-infested corridor outside. Rumbles and screams were heard all over the mansion. The servants must be busy fighting the lesser underlings. Or maybe they had discovered the sea monsters. I could only wish them luck. I didn't much care about their well-being; they only existed to serve me after all.

The POINTYTHINGY was incredibly effective in comparison to the old polo mallet. As I went through the corridor, assisted by LEGOFOOTSPRITE, I went up another level from slaying enough imps. I felt as if my strength was increasing too and caught myself smiling when I came to the hall and staircase. It wasn't that killing felt good. Well, maybe it did. But this wasn't really killing, was it? Those imps were game abstractions, created to be evil opponents for me. I was supposed to kill them. And I gladly did what I was supposed to do... I supposed.

In my father's office on the other side of the mansion, but still on the same floor, I found a terrified butler trying to fend off a monster that had crept in through a window. I could feel the floor rumbling beneath me. Stupid servants. Couldn't they even take care of themselves, let alone my house? Giving the butler a face of disappointment, I swung the POINTYTHINGY at the snake in front of me a couple of times. It dodged! I wasn't fast enough.

"SPRITE!" I called out and heard a sigh behind me. LEGOFOOTSPRITE left the two imps that he had been building a strangely abstract Lego fort around to trap, and went to my side, distracting the monster with a spray of Lego pieces. I took the opportunity to jump forward and pierce the monster's body in several places with some swift swings from my mallet. The creature exploded into grist that I collected, panting, while the butler stood speechless and pale and watched.

"Go... get me a drink," I told him, not having the energy to shout. He quickly disappeared, jumping over the Lego fort in the hallway.

"We make... a pretty darn awesome team!" I told my sprite, leaning on the back of a chair.

"If you say so," the sprite gloomily replied, staring out the broken window. "Waves are growing taller. You should leave this place now."

"Not without some more upgrades," I said, picking up what I came to get from the top drawer of my father's desk. A pair of really expensive blackglasses. My father wasn't here now - I didn't really want to think about where he was, really. Somehow it felt strange to think of him now. Or my brother. Or my sister, for that matter. Where... No. I didn't care. I had other business to tend to.

At least I didn't have to worry about my mother. As I threw an imp down the stairwell the next minute, I watched her march through the entrance hall on the bottom floor with at least ten maids behind her, broomsticks in hands. My mother held a gun, herself. Actually, she looked kind of badass. I wondered where she had hidden her cool side all these years. She had always stepped on my nerves with her silliness. I quickly made sure to tell myself that this didn't mean that I respected her now. She was still a witch.

I went back to my room again, feeling the house rumble a bit more this time. The corridor was suddenly very imp-less. Had they finally taken my hint? I created a red card from the blackglasses and one from one of my computers. The one where both pesterchum, the SBURB client and the SBURB server were installed. I had an idea, you see, but I wasn't sure how it would be carried out. I decided to captchalogue and make a red card from one of my best headsets as well. The one I use when I'm in serious gaming. Then I created a totem, squeezing in all three cards in the same spot on the TOTEM LATHE. One single totem got carved, which I put in the ALCHEMITER.

I created the ALLURBASES. Again, no idea how I knew the name just by picking up the item. It was a replica of my father's blackglasses, but when I put them on, I could see a desktop window in them. They also came with headphones and a microphone, so I could talk in voice commands, controlling the computer inside the blackglasses with it. I seemed to even be able to tell pesterchum messages to write. The FLAREBONKER was awesome, but ALLURBASES was easily the best thing anyone can alchemize. Ever. I was convinced of that at that point, at least.

Now it seemed like I was all out of grist, though. Typically. I couldn't alchemize anything more even if I tried. I guessed it was a good thing that I had killed that sea monster earlier, or I might not have afforded these ALLURBASES.

But enough running around. Time to get on with the game. I knew what I had to do, right? Pass through the gate. I went out onto a balcony from my parents' bedroom and climbed up to the roof. I admit I needed some help from LEGOFOOTSPRITE to not fall down here - I was no atlete, I just had a will of steel and LEGOFOOTSPRITE had no will at all. On the roof, I gasped and then smiled. "Candice..."

She had built up with stairs, much like I did for Vieve. My gate or whatever it really was, was blinking at me from above. The sky was cloudy and gray and I could hear thunder in the distance. Rain poured down on me, making me want to hurry even more. As I looked down onto the lawns surrounding my half-deserted, half-destroyed mansion, I felt a strange sensation in my gut.

Imps were fleeing back to the cliffs and jungle further away from the shore. Servants were swarming the lawns... fighting the monsters that kept creeping up from the sea. There wasn't only snakes and serpents now, strange two legged and one eyed creatures came up in the distance with their tall figures and thin arms and legs. An invasion from the sea. Why would the imps flee? Could it be that they were not allied? Or that they were afraid of getting crushed by the larger, merciless monsters? I had to think about these things. I was a strategist. I saw how one of the creepy, tall figures bend down and... oh god. It chomped at a servant and the next second, the servant was gone. Eaten alive... Even I found that horrible. "I did tell you that you'd better leave, didn't I?" came my sprite's voice from beside me.

I didn't really care about the servants. I never had. And I didn't much care what happened to my mother either. No, really, I didn't. But my guts felt so strange and uncomfortable. As if part of my actually thought that I should care. And maybe actually did care.

"If I just leave this place now..."

"The enemy invasion will stop."

I turned to watch the gray sprite. Rain seemed to bounce off his radiant yet dull skin, without making him wet. "It will?"

"Yes. That's the workings of this game. You have a certain time to advance to the next level after arriving with your house in your land. If you fail, all is pretty much lost." The sprite shrugged. "If you manage to advance in time, you will be rewarded with a new chance. The invasion will lighten up, for now."

I chose to believe him, and started climbing the stairs. Some imps had climbed up here to hide and were just shaking and looking at me with frightened eyes as I passed them by. I didn't kill them. It didn't matter right now; they didn't give out much grist anyways. I reached my gate and was about to jump in, when I looked down. So far to the ground...

"We'll meet again soon," LEGOFOOTSPRITE said gloomily and turned around to descend the stairs again.

"What? You're not coming with me? But we're a f*cking team!" I don't know why I was that upset.

"No, I'm just here to get you started for now. But I'll have to meet you soon again," he paused to sigh, "because that's how it is. Unless you die."

"You wish I do, don't you?"

"No. I'm still not fully prototyped. You or your server need to prototype me once again before I can stop caring completely."

"Oh," I said, totally having forgotten that detail. He was only prototyped once. What about the others' sprites? What did they really look like? I wanted to find out. "I guess I'll see you soon then. Hey, make sure that my mother doesn't crush this place when I'm gone!"

LEGOFOOTSPRITE bowed and floated downstairs to the roof, thunder sounding above and a lightning illuminating the ominously stormy sea. Pretty darn good servant, that sprite, I thought before I tightened the grip on the POINTYTHINGY and jumped into my first gate.

Pokémon Team:

WICK (Litwick)
Level: ~12 || Type: Ghost/Fire
Moveset: Ember, Night Shade, Minimize, Smog, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray

TAT (Rattata)
Level: ~6 || Type: Normal
Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Focus Energy, Quick Attack, Bite

COL (Tentacool)
Level: ~7 || Type: Water/Poison
Moveset: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict

DRILL (Kakuna)
Level: ~9 || Type: Bug/Poison
Moveset: Poison Sting, String Shot

HOMESTUCK

Beta Kids Collab: Rose

paired to abnegation

mod of Pokémon General
& Roleplay Corner

Homestuck Fanclub

Last edited by Adventure; February 6th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.