View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012 (10:46 AM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX0990 View Post
There is no medications for Aspergers... there are no medications for autism. There are treatment plans, but there is a difference between treatment and 'miracle drug'. No one case or person is the same.

... Aspergers is on the spectrum. Please, no slash, just put Asperger's.

If this is gonna turn into a 'let's pot shot Aspies' party I won't be a happy camper.

One, just no. A fully auto AR has a rate of fire of 800 rounds a minute... a semi auto? Not so much. Sustained rate of fire, is LIMITED, maybe 40-50 depending on the shooter. That's not including reload time.

Two... I really want to know what type of ammo you're talking about, because I'm pretty sure that's not it. ARs are civ models, and usually carry ammo like .223/5.56, which actually can be less deadly than those used in a 'standard' handgun. Most likely those were recreational rounds. I'm pretty sure you were thinking of hollow or soft points...

Actually I just looked it up, it was .223. So no hollows or softies.

Three that's not a standard AR-15... It's an AR15 Sporter SP1 Carbine.

This is an AR15... A Bushmaster standard AR-15

The AR15 is a civ version of the M16 and the M4.

A 'bare bones' model.

I highly doubt that he had special accesories, since they cost so much more and are so damn hard to get.

Ok, First things first:

A. It was not clear (based on some research) whether he was full blown Autistic or had Asperger's. Both were included. I know full well what I'm talking about. Don't tell me what I can and cannot talk about here.

B.

This is the one that was used. The reports and information I saw from multiple news stations suggested that the Bushmaster involved was designed for a higher rate of fire and in this case, used a different type of ammunition designed for maximum damage. You can hash out the irrelevant details if you want. That type of weapon has no business being legal.

C. His mother was the gun owner, and was a gun enthusiast who owned multiple hand guns and rifles. Being the family of a General Electric Executive, his mother had plenty of money at her disposal. She was also a Doomsday prepper, who hoarded foodstuffs and weapons for the "impending doomsday". Sounds to me like she had a few psychological issues of her own.