Thread: [Gen V] Monotype Water Team
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Mononoke Hime
viva emptiness

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
IMO, I'd rather have Kingdra do the Rain Dance set-up. And I do see a lot of problems with it:
-Flash Cannon doesn't provide noteworthy coverage; Kingdra's Water and Dragon STABs have good enough coverage already.
-Status moves other than Trick, Spore or the like + Choice items = no-no. This makes Kingdra a sitting duck. Go with this set instead:
-Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam/Surf
Nature: Modest
EVs: 40 HP/252 SAtk/216 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Yeah I know my kingdra isn't so good, I was in doubt about what moveset was the best for it. He will be the Rain Dancer now :)

Quote:
The lack of STAB really, really really hurts on Suicune:
{...}
-Calm Mind
-Scald/Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
You're right, Suicune seems to be better off with this set. Thanks~

Quote:
Gyarados' current set is better off using a max Attack/max Speed spread; the bulky spread is better off for a Dragon Dance Gyarados that uses Taunt.
I don't really know wich set is better for gyarados and my team as a whole, because I know gyarados is a fragile beast.
Which set do you think is better?

Quote:
Cute Charm seems tempting, but infatuation is easy to switch out of. That, and the status itself is unreliable. Marvel Scale is still Milotic's preferred ability. Milotic's current set isn't meant to attack, but to provide support. The preferred spread is 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef.
Thank you for the advise, I'll be using it. :)

Quote:
Since Rain Dance (without Politoed) doesn't last long, you're going to need a backup Rain Dance user; Vaporeon can do that while still providing Wish. While Acid Armor + Baton Pass is tempting, it's better off doing that in dedicated Baton Pass teams, and this team isn't one:
-Wish
-Protect
-Scald
-Ice Beam/Toxic/Roar/Rain Dance
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe
Ability: Water Absorb
Vaporeon moveset is really something so complicated to me xD Vappy is a versatile pokemon, so I got kinda lost when choosing a set.

I think I'll be running this set:
• Wish
• Rain Dance
• Ice Beam
• Toxic
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe
Ability: Water Absorb

What do you think?