Thread: [Gen V] Monotype Water Team
View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2012 (12:14 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by WinterKirby:
So... a Monotype Water team that doesn't have DrizzleToed or Keldeo? I know this has to be an OU team because of Gyarados.

First of all, I'd say Politoed over Suicune. Because from the looks of it, Suicune is there mainly to use Rain Dance.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Toxic

One of Politoed's more basic sets. Toxic and Perish Song lets you deal with Stallers and Baton Passers. Scald lets you fish for burns, and Protect helps you predict what your opponent's going to do. And Drizzle because rain.

Keldeo should probably go over Lapras. Lapras isn't all that great, with a SR weakness and no recoveries outside of Rest and Water Absorb. Most fighting types can outspeed and OHKO Lapras with ease.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass/Fire/Electric]
- Icy Wind

Secret Sword and Surf are fairly powerful STABs, and SS lets you deal with pink blobs. Icy Wind can usually OHKO most Dragons, and HP for extra coverage.
Just a slight problem: Drizzle Politoed and Swift Swim are banned together in the same team. This is why I suggested that Kingdra be the Rain Dance setter.