View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2012 (08:39 PM).
Ya'll Are Weird
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
I guess my favorite cross over, if Parodius doesn't count (in that it could be it's own universe), is Marvel vs. Capcom. I've unfortunately still never played the second one, and I don't know if it's worth it. I wanted to try the third one, but I think I was turned off of it later by reasons I no longer remember.

I don't have a least favorite, seeing as I don't buy/play crossover games very often.

My general opinion is just as bland. I could take it or leave it. However, there's truth in the phrase "too much of a good thing". I loved Smash Bros 64, was okay with Melee, and while initially hyped up again with Brawl, over time, I just stopped caring, and honestly wouldn't care if they ever made another Smash Bros game again. I kind of think that by adding more and more to it, it not only raises the bar impossibly high, but it also raises hopes impossibly high, too. If they just polished the first Smash with better mechanics, audio and visuals, and added in just a few extra things (but not going crazy), people would be okay with it for the most part, because it wouldn't become a popularity contest. One representative per series, one stage per series, a few recognizable items and easter eggs, and everything is focused on how the game is played.

I feel like having too many characters can be both overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time.
  • Example A: "Oh gee, a roster of 70 characters. Eh... I think I'll just stick to Link. ._."
  • Example B: "Sheesh. 45 characters, and 36 of them are from the Mario series. :\"
Just look at MUGEN, does anybody really get any added value out of having a character selection of eight thousand? There's no possible way anybody went through the trouble of balancing all those characters.

*sigh* Well. As for crossovers I'd like to see... Smash Bros was ideally it. And I'm not even excited about that anymore.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!