Thread: [Tutorial] Overworld Inserting (Remake)
View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2012 (11:33 PM).
五代目水影
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
OW Inserting tutorial mate! Here's the stuff you need:

1) GIMP
2) NSE CLASSIC
3) Ur Sprite(s) (if you are inserting only one sprite watch my other OW inserting tutorial)
4) ROM
5) IrfanView

1) Get ready your sprites in a row like this:
Spoiler:

Make sure the background color isn't the same as any color in the sprite. Save it as a PNG image or a BMP image.

2) Open the image with IrfanView and index it. To do that, click on Image and then Decrease Color Depth. Change the depth to 16 color.
Spoiler:

3) Open the image in GIMP. Click on Image, Mode and check, uncheck and check again the box 'Indexed'. A new window will open. Click on 'Web Optimized bla bla bla' click convert and save the image. There is a special way you need to use to save it but I forgot what.
Spoiler:

4) Open up the image with irfanview. Slice out the sprites 1 by 1 while making sure the size of each slice is 16x32 pixels. (Ikr, pain in the butt.) To see whether you have a 16x32 slice, look at the top left where the name of the program is.
Spoiler:

paste them in another IrfanView window and save them as a PNG/BMP image.

5) Once you sliced all 12 or so 'positions' open up NSE. Load up your rom and click on File>Import>Import Image. Oh yea, I forgot. Remember to browse to the correct sprite and position first. Once you have done that, open up your 16x32 image. I cannot show you a screenshot because my NSE is being a little sonnamagun. Import all them Sprites and save it. Voila! You did it!

Credits:
774521 - Sprites
ADLFM14 - Abit of reference cuz I cannot remember everything as I am getting old (14 long years alive!).
Bruno Mars - Music Inspiration
link12552 - NSE Classic

Got any problem, just PM/VM or comment here.