View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

TBH, because the tournament usually locks at Lv.50, I think that has something to do with difficulty. In general, E4 members are above the limited level of 50 imposed at the tournament (maybe not their first run, but definitely the second harder run) and most likely find it limiting their Pokémon's potential. the Champion, on the other hand, always wants to make his or her Pokémon better and thus participates in championships as the representative of the E4 in much the same way that a Gym Leader participates.

Perhaps that's another way to look at it. The E4 is just the ninth Gym and only the leader does things representing the Gym, which in this case is the entire E4.

Note that some leaders have also been seen as holding their own against the E4. Cynthia comes to mind.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.