Thread: [Discussion] A shout out...
View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2012 (06:17 AM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Thanks everyone!

I've been in charge of Essentials for a year and a half now, and I've been using Essentials on and off for 3 years before that. I'm in the unique position of not making my own game, so everything I do is solely for improving the tools everyone else can use. I can't imagine how much time I've wasted spent on it. It would be rather amusing to go back to poccil's last release and see how bad it is in comparison.

I also (pretty much) single-handedly created and wrote the wiki, which I for one find very helpful.

It's interesting to see people's questions, because sometimes they're about features or ways of doing things which I haven't thought of before. If something appeals to me, I might add even it into Essentials. In any case, answering those questions makes me think about how Essentials works, which helps me to understand it better. When I'm answering questions, there's always a small glimmer of hope that the asker will actually end up making a game for once; I'm just helping them to do so.