View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2012 (11:10 AM).
Route 35, there I am.

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Now you're contradicting yourself. You want Gen V to be less like Gen I in terms of in-game features yet you want Gen V's story to be more like Gen I?
Kind of. I mean, I still want there to be certain features from Gen 1 in it and the story doesn't have to be exactly like Gen 1's but similar.

Wasn't Gen I's story originally going to be about a trainer saving the world from a villain?
Not exactly. It was more about the main character trying to prove himself to his rival while also trying to fulfill the dreams of Professor Oak.
The villains were more or less just there. The hero wasn't really fighting them because he was trying to save the world, or because he's journey was about fighting evil. It was just something he sort of did partially because Team Rocket kept challenging him, partially because they were in his way and partially because he thought what they were doing was wrong.
Though, you could argue with that and say the hero meant to disband Team Rocket or at least stop Giovanni, and being that he's a silent protagonist I couldn't argue with that but, it's kind of hard to think that he would have that in mind when he has other objectives and he's only ten.

The map is linear for reason, because kids had trouble getting to Snowpoint City.
Yeah I know, that was a stupid reason. Look, I'm not saying that the game should go all over the place but making it linear is just way to simplistic.
In every game there are going to be parts where the players get stuck (except in simple games like pong). It's natural for that happen and your suppose to figure out a way to over come them. It doesn't mean necessarily, that the game is flawed and the game has to become easier.

It's not like the grinding system was broken to begin with as the older system from previous titles were flawed too (being able to curbstomp everything with one Pokemon for example).
I don't know about this. Could you give me an example?

You just answered your own question, Pokemon is suppose to be a casual player's beginner for the RPG genre before moving onto others like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade,
No, no it is not. I don't even know where you got this idea from.

People can choose to make the game challenging by making their own rules.
So? I can do that with anything. I don't buy games so I put restrictions on myself, I buy games so they can challenge me.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - The Dungeon Master/Ragewar