View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2012 (04:23 AM).
Route 35, there I am.

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Then you're just another one of those Kanto purists.
I don't know what that is.

If you read any of Masuda's interviews regarding Gen 1, he said that the story was going to be about a trainer stopping a villain from taking over the world before it was changed into just collecting Pokemon and becoming champion.
So, what?

But there are parts where it's impossible to get past by yourself through trial and error, resorting you to use a guide to help you. It has happened to me in the past, and it has happened to me today.
Not necessarily. Although guides are helpful so long as the game isn't too convoluted and you pay avid attention you could probably figure it out on your own.
Even so, the point I was trying to make is that no matter how difficult a game is, so long as it isn't broken do not try to fix it by making it simple.

In one of BMGF's weekly polls, it mentioned about Gen I-IV having an old EXP system that was based on the number of EXP the Pokemon gives regardless of what level it is on. Training by beating Pokemon who give out the highest EXP helped result ing overpowering one of your Pokemon. This was later changed in Gen V when it's also based on the level of the Pokemon you're facing, so your Pokemon doesn't gain so many levels. TV Tropes also mentions this on their Game Breaker page for more information.
Well, when I was talking about the grinding system I was more referring to how Audinos are everywhere and you get a Lucky Egg and Exp. Share very early on in the games. Not to mention how there are trainers every where.

Nintendo has always been making games that are easy to pick up, fun to play, but hard to master (if you want to go competitive). Casual players tend to be afraid of traditional JRPGs for their complex game mechanics.
I don't know of many people who pick up Pokemon so they can play other RPGs. Or even players that got into other RPGs because of Pokemon.
I don't know, I just, I don't play other RPGs because I played Pokemon. I play other RPGs if they appeal to my interests and even then I've never been afraid to pick up a new game (unless it was in the horror genre).
That's probably just me. Personally, there's very little chance that I would pick up Fire Emblem or Xenoblade, not because I'm afraid, but because it's nothing I'm interest in. I play Pokemon because I like Pokemon, not because it's a starter RPG but because it's a light hearted adventure in a world with magical creatures that you can befriend and watch grow.

Then you're better off playing NES/arcade games than modern day games.
Wow, way to insult modern games. Basically you're saying that NES and arcade games are the only good games. That's sad, that's really sad.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - The Dungeon Master/Ragewar