View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:03 PM
icomeanon6
It's "I Come Anon"

Thanks Bay, b&b, and Asty! :) Glad you all enjoyed the story; I had a good feeling about this one cause it was so much fun to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay
Usually in dialogue there would be a new paragraph for each speaker, like this:
Yeah, not sure what I was thinking there. Something like "it's more a bunch of people talking at once than a conversation," but then it morphed into something more sequential and I didn't switch to a normal format...Whatever, I've fixed it now. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by b&bl
I felt that the beginning took a little bit to get going in terms of the humour; maybe just a bit slow or focus on the setup of the story first for my liking given how it then continued
Eh, maybe. I think the pacing in comedy is kind of tied to how long you can keep the reader laughing, so it's tough to gauge where slow spots will be because senses of humor will vary (or worse yet, no one will get the joke but the writer. For example, I think some cheap cracks I took at Philadelphia sports fans in Unpredictable Adventure were totally lost on most of the readers). In any case, I'll definitely think more about the pacing and timing of the humor in future things I write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asty
I honestly think that that banner sells this fanfic. It's just...perfect. I can almost hear a cheesy Christmas carol start playing in my mind as soon as the bright green banner reaches the screen. Perhaps Here Comes Santa Claus?
In the word file I had a Christmas font, but when I realized that the same font wouldn't be on PC I just had to make a banner. xD

My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier - 14 chapters, indefinite hiatus. Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure - 8 chapters, completed. Digimon Campaign - 7 chapters, ongoing

One-shots:
There's Always Tomorrow (SWC 2009), A Matter of Stubbornness (SWC 2010), Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place),
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It (2012), By What Right? (SWC 2013 1st place), Back in the Day (SWC 2014 1st place) (New!)

Family (kind of?): Strange person who calls me strange names

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.