View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Earthquake for all three final evos of starters was all I wanted to be honest. They were the exception among all final evos of each gen's starters. Seriously I don't know how they missed that, unless it was intentional which sounds really odd. :\

I can't really recall any more notable moves that they should have made some 'mons learn in BW but yeah, I'm really frustrated at the starters (actually at GF) for the reason stated above. Plus pure Grass-types deserve more coverage moves like Sydian said! For Lilligant and Serperior especially. They gave coverage to previous gens' pure Grass-types, why not now?
I believe the reason why is because it's suppose to be a throwback to the original R/B/Y games where all the starters, except for the Fire starter, lack the move Earthquake (B/W was suppose to be a reboot after all). As for the statement about previous gen pure Grass types given coverage, they mean nothing if they do not have Rock Slide, Nature Power, Natural Gift, Weather Ball, Ancientpower, Focus Blast, or Earth Power to coverage almost all of their weaknesses, which is a necessity to make a good Pokemon.