View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2012 (12:30 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dont think ordinary civilians need automatic weapons that fire hundreds of bullets in minutes, that's just asking for trouble in my opinion. I think what needs to happen is this: Restrict the owning of semi automatc weapons with large magazines, and require strict background checks always including at gun shows and such. These background checks should include a mental health evaluation.

I also dont see why requiring a licence to have a gun is a terrible thing. You need a licence to drive, I think there could be a licnce for people to have if they want to own a gun and they could go to gun safety classes to learn about guns and how to use them safely. The licence should be renewed like a driver's licence and the person would be re- examined to prove that they are mentally sound and such.

What people need to understand is that a gun has one purpose only: killing. If you're going to have a gun, you should be prepared to use it to kill, I think this is another thing people should be sure they understand before purchasing a gun, even for protection, because proetction means obviously that you may have to shoot to protect yourself.I dont think these things are that unreasonable, under these conditions, people could still own firearms, but it won't be quite as easy for them to fall in the wrong hands.