View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2012 (01:57 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
This really makes me sad. At one point in my life, I wanted to work for Nintendo Power desperately. I still have the issue where Pokemon Colosseum was shown, which is my favorite Pokemon spin off. I also use that issue as a guide for Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and that's what sparked my interest in that series. It's sad to see a big name like this die, but like they say, all good things must come to an end.
I still remember being in fourth grade, wanting to ask my school's librarian if there were any Nintendo Power magazines I could check out but being too embarrassed. I never did.

Nintendo Power got me into Zelda games; a few months after I subscribed, one of the issues ran a preview feature of Twilight Princess and I was entranced by it. I also remember seeing a feature about the game Shadow the Hedgehog - it got pretty bad reviews, as I recall, but I thought it was cool.

I still own about two years' worth of issues. Most useful to me has been the little tear-out guide for New Super Mario Bros. It's a little sad that that game isn't "new" anymore, and the DS is on its last legs if it's still supported at all.

Like you, I'm sad to see Nintendo Power go, but I'd rather it just leave with dignity than get merged with another magazine and eventually fade out unnoticed.