Thread: [Gallery] Acquiescence
View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Wow, I haven't posted in your thread for some time now and you've already added so much!

I love the whole Lanturn theme you've got going on. And not just from an aesthetic standpoint! Lanturn can really be the perfect vessel for practicing your skills in lighting, shadow, placement.. etc. So not only are your new icons fantastic simply for being what they are-- but they really seem like perfect little pieces that will allow you to improve! I wish I knew all the technical words for editing/constructing a tag, cause the I would say, "I love that *insert technical phrase* effect you've used to enhance the water on your Lanturn tag" but until I learn all of the appropriate vernacular, I will say that your eye for creating the aforementioned effect is fantastic. I love the way the lighting in the water looks, to be precise.

EDIT: Learning the correct terms and applying them will be easy now that Derozio has posted a new Graphic Resource and Tutorial sticky! Thank you! xDDD

So let me try again! Cid, the flow of the water on your Lanturn tag is excellent. It adds depth and character to your focal point while still being stylized and non-realistic, therefore not subtracting from the Lanturn itself. It's very tasteful. :D

Now, and this is just my uneducated opinion, I find this one to be a tiny bit hard to read at this size. It's a little difficult to see any of the Chinchou because my eye is drawn to other places. It's a busy icon, imo. I'd love to see a bigger image to see how it translates! :]

Thank you for a lovely update, can't wait to see more!
Ahh there hasn't been too much added. :p But I'm pleased that you came back to see my work again! <3

Thank you! And I have to agree, making renders around something with lights on it makes it a lot more challenging, but that's really what I like about it. They aren't fantastic like you say, but thank you for liking the icons, Alexial. ^^; I also only got familiar with the vernacular and the techniques with that specific sticky, haha, so I can relate.

But yes, I'm glad that flow was achieved in a way, because I was worried that with the lack of flashy stuff flowing with Lanturn it would be too static and slapped on. ;; Also the depth because I feel I haven't blurred enough a couple of edges, or that I screwed up in which stuff to blur and at what intensity, but I'm happy to hear that I seem to have pulled that off somewhat. <3

I know the Chinchou looked really small. D; That icon originally had the source picture twice the current size, and I really liked how it looked, but I realized that the .jpeg file type of the source stock screwed its quality. So I was forced to resize it and it became small, blurry and messy as a result with no obvious focal. :( Ah well, I will try to get images of higher quality next time. :p

No, the pleasure was all mine. Thank you so much for visiting! I will update as frequently as I can. <3