View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2012 (12:08 PM).
Antemortem
dude we're fantastic

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Note: This thread may contain spoilers.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, released December 14th internationally, is the first in a fantasy adventure trilogy adaptation of J. J. Tolken's The Hobbit, written in 1937. The movie starts with Bilbo Baggins writing a memo that composes the setting of the story - Middle-earth approximately 60 years prior to the events of The Lord of the Rings.

Did you venture to see this movie when it came out? If so, how did you feel about it? If you have read The Hobbit, did the movie do it justice by adapting its elements/characters, etc well? Did it live up to your expectations, if any, overall, or was it a complete flop? If you haven't seen it yet, do you plan on seeing it? If so, what are your expectations of it at this time?

I, myself, saw it last Friday and quite honestly, I thought it wasn't nearly as good as I expected, and it was definitely not worth the sixteen dollars I paid for myself and a friend to see it. The basis of the story is solid, but the progression of said story was, at best, at a snail's pace. The movie moved very, very slowly, and the only notable event that occurred was Bilbo finding the ring. That's fantastic, but what else happened? Gandalf saved everyone on multiple occasions because everyone went limp every time they were captured/in a bind of some sort. To top all that off, the 'cliff hanger ending' was hardly a cliff hanger and it ended so suddenly that it didn't make me want to see the second one; it made me want to get a refund. v___v

Share your thoughts/expectations of this movie!