View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2012 (09:57 AM). Edited December 28th, 2012 by Arlo.

484 posts
Update:
Spoiler:

Cruised through Elesa's gym. Sebastian outsped everything her underlings had, including the Emolgas, and OHKOed all of them and got to her without even having been hit once.

Sebastian one-shotted her first Emolga with a Return, but took a Static paralyze. The second Emolga came out and I took the turn to use a Paralyz Heal, and it hit Sebastian with a Volt Switch and the Zebstrika came out. Sebastian used Dig and Zebstrika missed with a Spark, then went down on the next turn when the Dig hit. The Emolga came back out and Sebastian one-shotted it with Return, and that was that.

Went out to Route 5, met Alder, watched Cheren be Cheren, then went across the drawbridge and on to Driftveil. Went through the town and talked to everyone. I was sort of wondering what I was going to do about the Heart Scale lady, since I don't have a bunch of pokemon to teach TMs to in exchange for Heart Scales, and I'm going to need some later to teach Sebastian the elemental Fangs. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, since the first one she asked for was Dig, and Sebastian already has it. I also debated what to do about Charles and the Triple Battle, and finally decided to just go for it. I put Sebastian in the second spot, so he'd be in the middle, and then he attacked on each turn while Carl and Benny just used Work Up. Sebastian took his team down in three turns - one OHKO each. Then it was on to Cold Storage, which worked out just like Elesa's gym - nothing touched Sebastian the entire time we were in there - he outsped and one-shotted everything he faced, though I did have to leave before the final showdown and go to the PC and come back, since his Return was running out of PP.

Then it was off to Clay's gym. And again, the underlings never even touched Sebastian, and soon enough, we were down at the bottom, facing Clay.

One-shotted his Krokorok with a Rock Smash, then one-shotted his Palpitoad with a Return. Then it was time to face the Murder Mole...

What indeed? Sebastian had Dig, and I was sure that it would one-shot Excadrill, but using Dig against a Ground type is a gamble, since Earthquake-style moves hit for double damage on an opponent who's underground. But there was no other good choice, so I went for it. Had a brief moment of relief and fear when Excadrill countered with Bulldoze - relief that it didn't have EQ, but fear that Bulldoze would do the same thing - but then discovered that there's a significant difference, beyond the difference in power, between Bulldoze and EQ. Bulldoze misses underground opponents completely.

And that was it for Clay, and Sebastian had come through without a scratch.

Left the gym, swung by the PC, then went out towards Route 6. Ran into Bianca and trounced her, then got the Fly HM from her. Taught Fly to Benny, then decided to fly home for a bit. Went by the Professor's lab and showed her my Pokedex and got the False Swipe TM, then worked our way through the routes to Striaton and to the Dreamyard to do some more EV training, and that's where we are right now. I want to wrap that up, then it's on to Route 6 and Chargestone Cave...

Currently:

Sebastian - male Stoutland - lvl 43
Adamant / Intimidate

-Return
-Rock Smash
-Crunch
-Dig

Support:

Benny the Rufflet - Fly, Cut, Strength and Work Up
Carl the Panpour - Work Up and filler - waiting for the water HMs

Edit for another update:

Spoiler:
We made our way up through Route 6, battling the trainers along the way. Caught a Deerling for the scientists, then just put it in a box (the only thing in my PC other than Snivy, who's been there since he helped me catch Sebastian). Talked to N, then talked to Bianca and Professor Juniper and got the Lucky Egg from the Prof. Worked through the cave, mostly under Repel, just because too many things have Static and I just didn't want to deal with it. Had a sort of interesting thing happen with the last trainer before N - he had a Tirtouga that Sebastian did NOT one-shot - that's the first time that's happened in I-don't-even-know-how-long. Then went on and battled N yet again. Sebastian ended up taking a fair amount of damage in that one, but mostly because Sturdy kept him from one-shotting the Boldore and he had to hit the Ferroseed twice and take Iron Barbs damage both times.

Got in to Mistralton City - met Professor Juniper Sr. and Skyla, got the Pokedex upgrade, then went to the Move family's house and Carl forgot Cut (he's had it since the Dreamyard, but hasn't needed it since I added Benny) and Sebastian learned Ice Fang. Went up through the tall grass and ended up facing a triple battle with a trainer there, with Sebastian predictably in the lead, so on the far left for the battle and unable to hit the pokemon on the far right. Swore a bit and restarted, which took me back to the beginning of the tall grass. Worked my way through again, then put Sebastian in second position and faced that trainer again. Sebastian swept the opponents in three turns while Carl and Benny stood there and Worked Up. Then put Sebastian back in the lead and went on to Celestial Tower. The only thing of any particular note that happened in there was Sebastian's first encounter with another Stoutland.

Predictably, he mopped the floor with it. The 16 level advantage certainly helped. Got to the top, rang the bell, then flew back to town, healed (refilled PP, more accurately) then it was on to Skyla's gym. Breezed through the underlings with Sebastian's Ice Fang, although I realized that Thunder Fang might've been the better choice the first time I came to a Ducklett, particularly since that reminded me that Skyla had a Swanna. But Return one-shotted it anyway, so that was fine.

Swept Skyla's team easily, including a one-shot on the Swanna with Return. Another gym down with no damage taken at all.

Left and went to talk to the kids, then to retrieve the Aerial Ace TM. Decided to put Rock Smash back on Sebastian for the time being, to handle the Boldores in Twist Mountain, then set out over the walkways. Actually ended up making a battle with one of the clowns on the walkways a bit tough. When we battled the first one, Sebastian one-shotted his Emolga, but got a Static Paralyze, then I forgot to heal it. So when we got to the other one, he was still paralyzed, which made that battle kind of interesting. Still won pretty easily, but I had to actually sit up and focus for a bit.

Got to the base of Twist Mountain and fought Cheren and pulverized him again (poor guy), then met Alder and got the Surf TM. Taught Surf to Carl, then decided to put off Twist Mountain for the time being. Flew home, said hi to Mom, showed my pokedex to the Prof and got the Protect TM, then went up to the water's edge on Route 1 and saved there, ready to go explore.

Currently:

Sebastian the male Stoutland lvl 51
Adamant / Intimidate
-Return
-Crunch
-Rock Smash
-Dig

Support:
Carl the Panpour - Surf, Work Up and filler
Benny the Rufflet - Fly, Cut, Strength and Work Up