View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012 (10:18 PM).
clearly there's something wrong
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Livewire:
Yup. Just imagine if you could take the greatness that was the LOTR trilogy and add in today's CGI and effects. Dear God almighty.
Absolutely! I was just watching the LotR movies on Christmas Day and admiring the CGI and special effects even then - what was it, 2002? - and was considering how amazing they would be if they were made in more recent times. My brain can't even contain it tbh

Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
Ahh I agree entirely. It basically felt like paying £2.50 extra for three fancy letters to tell people about. I'd heard reviews that the new framerate made the movie seem too realistic and that it was an incredible step forward in cinema so I was expecting great things from it, but I could hardly tell the difference between it and a regular shooting. Maybe it's just because I'd hyped it up too much in my head beforehand so when I actually went it was just a big disappointment compared to what I'd hoped, but it's not something I'd really pay extra for again.
Yeah, I was kind of the same way. A new breakthrough in cinema? That must be great! Got my hopes up much too far so the fall was more painful, unfortunately. The experience of the movie was still fantastic, but I don't feel like the realism of the movie was any more or any less. Hell, it's a fantasy adventure, how real could it possibly get?