View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
Just a personal thing but I feel like Majora's mask isn't treated with canonicity as it should. There's no evidence in the other games beyond the actual game Majora's Mask that it exists.

Also I was thinking the other day and got a massive headache as I feel lost on why Ganondorf is sometimes referred to as Ganon

I was also going to reference this. I felt that it was a good adaptation. Theophany made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H18-Ynp8Biw
I'll give a listen to it later, but as to your question. This my explanation for the Ganondorf-Ganon question, which I picked up by reading several things.

Ganondorf is, as far as I'm concerned, the human being that we know as the King of the Gerudo.
Ganon, to me, is the twisted version who could not handle the power he was given by the Triforce of Power... and got changed into this giant boar. All the further reincarnations mention Ganon in the context of the beast (see Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess) and Ganondorf as the person (Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess Wind Waker).

Spoiler:

And about Majora's Mask's lack of references. My guess is as good as yours, but I'm inclined to link Majora's Magic to that of the Twilight Magic (compare to Midna's mask) (and because I can, Dark Link as well //Headcanon ahoy). This can explain why Hyrule itself has no references to Majora as it's magic was sent to the other world. And Termina is a mirror world of Hyrule... not Hyrule itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
Hi, welcome new members!

I just got wii points for Christmas and I used them to buy Majora's Mask, I really must be bad at this game because I have no idea what I'm doing lmao. (about to go into Woodfall Temple). Do you have to rush through the temples in order to complete them before the night of the third day?
Best is if you play the reverse song of time to slow down time. This gives you plenty of time to finish each dungeon (and do the side quests as well.) You can use http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06-...alkthrough.php as a walkthrough for the game, so that you don't miss anything. :3

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."