Thread: [Pokémon] ROOTS // Professorfic
View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2012 (12:56 PM).
Rolling writer
Nature: Calm
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
BTW, is Grand Lake here the same as it is in the games (i.e., each room in its own building) or is it more of a traditional style hotel?
Each room most definitely does not have its own building, because then, the Valor Lakefront would be huge xP
No, Grand Lake is just like a normal hotel. The houses that Michael saw when he was looking down the valley were actual houses. They're owned by rich people who use them as summer homes and boast that they have a lakeside view.

And leave it to Michael and Ringo to stir up chaos, even if their intentions were good this time :P And could romance be in the air for Michael? I mean, damn, man, you just got a cute girl's phone number, and she gave it to you instead of you asking for it!
Haha, yep. I've been waiting a long time to reintroduce Shella like, I don't know, since Chapter 5 maybe and she has a pretty important role. Aside from being Michael's unofficial date. Is it love? xP I don't know... you'll have to wait and see...

Nice detail about the Valor Lake area of town... it sounds like exactly the type of place a certain rich girl trainer would be right at home in :P I also like how Pastoria has distinct "districts" each with their own unique style and feel. It's kind of like the whole "expanding out to the suburbs" that was going on at the time, with the wealthy moving out to the outskirts and developing it to their tastes.
That's exactly what I had in mind when writing this. I alluded to it in Jubilife in the beginning of the story. Hearthome has a similar layout too, though I didn't really dwell on it because it wasn't important. Oreburgh's the only city where I don't imagine a distinct suburban community. Everything's jumbled up in Oreburgh :P
The thing that makes Pastoria different is that its rich are richer than the rich in most other cities, so the rich uptown is more lavish and pompously designed. Maybe it was always like that, or maybe they all just flocked together there over time. I'll leave it up to you to decide.

And yes, hooray for new cities!

Not a lot of action, but definitely a lot of foreshadowing... something tells me that something big is gonna go down here while Michael and Co. are in town...
Something very big indeed. hehe

Thanks for the review!