Thread: Fashion!
View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2012 (05:40 PM).
Bibarel

Hi I'm fabulous.

Yeah, I guess you could say I'm sorta into fashion. I'm not gonna pretend that I actively follow it or know what's coming out from which designers, but I tend to be a good judge of what's in and what's not. But that's mostly in the sense that I find it interesting what people are wearing and how they wear it and I'm good at telling people what they look good or don't look good in with that in mind. And, since I don't honestly have the money to keep up with this kinda stuff, I tend to adapt stuff I already own to fit current fashion rather than just buy a whole load of new stuff. So I guess you could say that I come up with ~my own style~ based around what's currently in fashion, generic as it sounds.

Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
how did you guys get into it originally?
With me it honestly just happened by being around people in general. I guess because of that you could say I'm into whatever's fashionable on the smaller scale rather than the larger one. If you're looking for a more 'decisive' idea of it, though, then honestly I'd say that paying attention to your surroundings when you're out shopping or whatever is a pretty good way to go about it. While you're not gonna find the forefront of fashion in your local Sainsburys, next time you go into town or whatever, just notice what's selling in the clothes shops, what's shown on posters, in shop windows on the mannequins, etc. Especially in the higher-end places if you happen to be going through them but honestly anywhere works. I tend to look at mannequins and think "how can I mess with that with what I've got right now?" and I find it works well enough for me.

omfg that's amazing @__@
I think stuff like that can work realllly well if it doesn't seem to be dressing the wearer up as some sort of doll or maid or whatever. It sounds sorta weird but often in dresses like that, especially the second one which you posted, it looks like some weird cross between a schoolgirl and a maid. I don't know exactly how else to describe it other than it looking like that, haha. Almost too neat and petite and just seems a bit awkward I guess.