The Nuzlocke Challenge
View Single Post
December 31st, 2012, 04:43 PM
i was a teenage anarchist
Join Date: Jul 2011
Originally Posted by
I can't continue with this challenge. Platinum is a hard game to play normally let alone nuzlocke. It's driving me up a wall and I was probably going to lose at Fantina anyway.
It's funny you say that, really. My next Platinum update is a rough one for me. With that said...
1) You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3) You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.
5) Challenge starts once I receive Pokeballs.
- Made it back to Jubilife City where Looker stopped me and chatted for a few seconds. After healing, I taught Return to Crush since he was lacking a better move than Tackle. Then I headed north to Route 204.
- Just before Route 204, some Galactic guys were harassing Rowan and Dawn, so it was up to me and Dawn to go up against them and fight.
- They used Stunky and Glameow, Dawn used Chimchar, and I used Crush. Chimchar's Ember and Crush's Return worked well to take them both down.
- I entered Ravaged Path and found a Psyduck. I caught it and named it Songbird (from Oasis).
- Out the other side of Route 204, I found some more grass and some trainers to battle.
- I made it up to Floaroma Town, healed, then headed east to Route 205. A girl stopped me and mentioned her father being locked in the Valley Windworks, so I headed that way and saw a Galactic Grunt. He challenged me to a fight, but all he had was a Glameow. But this cat kept putting me to sleep, wow annoying. He ended up telling me that the key for the Windworks actually was somewhere else, so I had to go find it.
- So I headed back to Floaroma Town and then north to the meadow where I had to fight two more Galactic Grunts. Following that, Crush evolved!
- I got the Windworks Key, so I headed back and unlocked the door. Inside, there were a few Galactic Grunts to take out, but they were no problem for my team.
- After going back to heal, I took on Commander Mars. Her Zubat was easy for Crush, but her Purugly was a bit tough. Sticks ended up getting a crit on the last move though to knock it out. After that, the Galactics fled.
- I went through the Windworks grass for the first time and found a Pachirisu. I didn't really need it, but I figured it's nice to have, so I caught it and named it Centerfold (from Against Me!)
- Onto Route 205, I ran into a wild Shellos which I caught and named Parallel (from Bad Religion).
- I then fought a Camper with a Ponyta who OHKO'd Garands on the first turn. RIP Garands
- AND THEN I fought a girl with a Roselia who crit'd Crush with a Mega Drain, so that's two Pokemon lost on this route. Awful.
- I made it up to Eterna Forest and ran into Cheryl, who teamed up with me to get through the forest. My first encounter was actually a double battle featuring a Buneary and a Gastly. So I knocked out the Buneary and caught the Gastly, somewhat making up for losing Crush earlier. I named the Gastly Sure Shot (from the Beastie Boys).
- There was a double battle in the forest that I lost Centerfold in…
- I finally made it to the end of the forest and back out onto Route 205, and then to Eterna City.
- I am now grinding to face Gardenia.
Sticks the Prinplup
Pound, Metal Claw, Bubblebeam, Peck
Sure Shot the Gastly
Lick, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Curse
Songbird the Psyduck
Water Sport, Scratch, Tail Whip, Water Gun
Chaos the Bidoof
Zero the Geodude Level 5
Parallel the Shellos Level 11
Bob the Bidoof Level 5
Garands the Zubat Level 11
Crush the Luxio Level 16
Centerfold the Pachirisu Level 10
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
Current: Emerald (ON HIATUS)
Single Monotype Challenge: Fighting
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Technician
Find all posts by Technician
Find threads started by Technician