View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2012 (10:48 AM).
Only got $20 in my pocket

Nature: Bold
There generally are two main function of priority moves: sweeping and revenge killing.

Revenge killing is the more common of the two with various Mach Punch users, Mamoswine's Ice Shard, and Scizor's Bullet Punch shutting down a plethora of sweepers with speed boosts. Without Bullet Punch, do you honestly think Scizor would retain its position near the top of OU usage? In addition, without Scizor and Mamoswine dragon spam would be nearly unchecked and completely change the metagame. I try to include at least one priority user on all my teams except full stall, which isn't that great in BW2 anyways.

I use Extremespeed on my DD Dragonite's in BW2 except for SUB DD because of all of the fast scarfers and other pokemon that would outspeed despite the speed boost. In addition, Sucker Punch is 100% necessary on SD Toxicroak, much like Aqua Jet is on SD Feraligatr.

Though we may find priority moves to be "manageable" or "decent" they truly are a game changer; without them speed boosting sweepers would be unchecked and many slow Pokemon would no longer be top threats.

GOT RICE