View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2013 (04:21 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I've never been a big believer in resolutions before because as everybody's said, nobody ever sticks to them. I was driving around today and I saw a whole bunch of overweight people walking and I had a small chuckle to myself that they were no doubt trying to fulfil their resolution to lose weight. Don't mistake that for me making fun of overweight people - I used to be one myself and if they want to do something to help themselves, then that's fantastic and the best of luck to them. I just don't think that making it a new year's resolution is the best way to go about it because if they really wanted it badly enough, they wouldn't need for it to be the beginning of a new year to galvanise them to do something to help themselves.

But this year, in spite of myself, I've made one. But I've sort of cheated the system by making it something that doesn't need to be measured. I haven't resolved to lose weight or exercise more or get a better job or anything like that... what I've resolved to do is live.

I've never really lived before. I've sat in this chair pretty much between work shifts and outings with my friends ever since I graduated high school and my life has been in a state of perpetual suspension for the last four years. But now I've found people who can and are willing to help me to live.

So essentially my resolution for this year is to wipe out the previous four. The guy I'm moving out with this year is 24 and has the life experience of a 24 year old. I'm 22 and I have the life experience of a 16 year old. So by the end of this year I want to have done so much stuff that it will be as though the previous four years I've wasted never existed.

By the end of the year, I will be 23 years old and I will have the life experience of a 23 year old. This is my promise to myself.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat