View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2013 (04:32 PM).
Technician
i was a teenage anarchist

Nature: Modest
Time for another update. Happy New Years everyone!

Rules:
1) You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3) You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.
5) Challenge starts once I receive Pokeballs.

Progress:
Spoiler:
- Went to Route 211 and tried to catch a Machop, but it fainted…
- Finally grinded Sure Shot up to evolve into Haunter, then traded with my other DS to evolve it into Gengar!
- So with my newly evolved Gengar, I went to take on Gardenia. And wow, Gengar is powerful! Sure Shot took out Turtwig with a crit Shadow Punch, then got a ton of confusion hax on Cherrim before knocking it out. Finally, Roserade. I was able to break out of paralysis thanks to my Cheri Berry, then got off some Shadow Punches before Roserade knocked itself out in confusion. Got the Forest Badge!
- Now that I can use Cut, I headed north to the Galactic building and battled a bunch of Grunts.
- While battling through the building, I lost Sticks to a stupid Kadabra that got a crit TWICE. Ridiculous. Good thing I'm training up Songbird then I guess… I'll also start training up Parallel too.
- Took a break from the Galactic building after that and went back to Eterna Forest to explore the Old Chateau. There, I found another Gastly and I was so close to catching it before it used Curse and killed itself >_< There are a ton of items in the Old Chateau though, which is nice.
- Then I went the other way and headed into the little bit of Mt. Coronet that is accessible and caught another Geodude named Juliette (from Hollerado).
- I spent a ton of time grinding Juliette up so it could take on Jupiter's Skuntank. Finally, I went back to face Jupiter.
- Her first Pokemon was a Zubat, which apparently has Giga Drain?! I had no idea. But Songbird was able to take it out with a couple of Confusions. Then came her Skuntank. It set up with a Screech, but I was able to score a Magnitude 8 on my first turn with Juliette. It countered with a Night Slash which brought Juliette down quite a bit, but I got a Magnitude 7 and then a crit to boot to knock it out!
- After healing, I went to get a bicycle but Cynthia stopped me and gave me an egg. I'll probably just put it in my box though.
- Then after picking up my Explorer Kit, I headed south to Cycling Road (which is actually Route 206).
- At the bottom of Cycling Road, I went to heal in Oreburgh City, then went back north and underneath the road to access the grass. My encounter for Route 206 was another Geodude which I didn't need, so I beat it for some experience. I went allllll the way north and into Wayward Cave, where I found another stupid Geodude. Boy I wish I had used Dupes clause in this game lol. Whatever, at least it's experience. Juliette evolved into Graveler, which means I can get a Golem soon!
- Battled my way to Mt. Coronet where Dawn stopped me and gave me the Vs. Seeker and the Dowsing Machine. Cool.
- I already got my encounter for Mt. Coronet back when I got Juliette so I just ran through it and out onto Route 208. I finally made it to some grass, and my encounter was a Budew, which was alright. I don't know if I'll use it, but I caught it and named it Lucky (Jason Mraz).
- I finally got to Hearthome City, traded to evolve Juliette, and now I'm grinding to get ready for Fatina.

Team:
Spoiler:

Juliette the Golem
Level 25
@No Item
Rock Throw, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Rock Polish

Sure Shot the Gengar
Level 26
@No Item
Shadow Punch, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Sucker Punch

Songbird the Psyduck
Level 23