The Nuzlocke Challenge
View Single Post
January 1st, 2013 (4:32 PM).
Time for another update. Happy New Years everyone!
1) You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
2) A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
3) You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
4) Dupes Clause is OFF.
5) Challenge starts once I receive Pokeballs.
- Went to Route 211 and tried to catch a Machop, but it fainted…
- Finally grinded Sure Shot up to evolve into Haunter, then traded with my other DS to evolve it into Gengar!
- So with my newly evolved Gengar, I went to take on Gardenia. And wow, Gengar is powerful! Sure Shot took out Turtwig with a crit Shadow Punch, then got a ton of confusion hax on Cherrim before knocking it out. Finally, Roserade. I was able to break out of paralysis thanks to my Cheri Berry, then got off some Shadow Punches before Roserade knocked itself out in confusion. Got the Forest Badge!
- Now that I can use Cut, I headed north to the Galactic building and battled a bunch of Grunts.
- While battling through the building, I lost Sticks to a stupid Kadabra that got a crit TWICE. Ridiculous. Good thing I'm training up Songbird then I guess… I'll also start training up Parallel too.
- Took a break from the Galactic building after that and went back to Eterna Forest to explore the Old Chateau. There, I found another Gastly and I was so close to catching it before it used Curse and killed itself >_< There are a ton of items in the Old Chateau though, which is nice.
- Then I went the other way and headed into the little bit of Mt. Coronet that is accessible and caught another Geodude named Juliette (from Hollerado).
- I spent a ton of time grinding Juliette up so it could take on Jupiter's Skuntank. Finally, I went back to face Jupiter.
- Her first Pokemon was a Zubat, which apparently has Giga Drain?! I had no idea. But Songbird was able to take it out with a couple of Confusions. Then came her Skuntank. It set up with a Screech, but I was able to score a Magnitude 8 on my first turn with Juliette. It countered with a Night Slash which brought Juliette down quite a bit, but I got a Magnitude 7 and then a crit to boot to knock it out!
- After healing, I went to get a bicycle but Cynthia stopped me and gave me an egg. I'll probably just put it in my box though.
- Then after picking up my Explorer Kit, I headed south to Cycling Road (which is actually Route 206).
- At the bottom of Cycling Road, I went to heal in Oreburgh City, then went back north and underneath the road to access the grass. My encounter for Route 206 was another Geodude which I didn't need, so I beat it for some experience. I went allllll the way north and into Wayward Cave, where I found another stupid Geodude. Boy I wish I had used Dupes clause in this game lol. Whatever, at least it's experience. Juliette evolved into Graveler, which means I can get a Golem soon!
- Battled my way to Mt. Coronet where Dawn stopped me and gave me the Vs. Seeker and the Dowsing Machine. Cool.
- I already got my encounter for Mt. Coronet back when I got Juliette so I just ran through it and out onto Route 208. I finally made it to some grass, and my encounter was a Budew, which was alright. I don't know if I'll use it, but I caught it and named it Lucky (Jason Mraz).
- I finally got to Hearthome City, traded to evolve Juliette, and now I'm grinding to get ready for Fatina.
Juliette the Golem
Rock Throw, Magnitude, Rock Blast, Rock Polish
Sure Shot the Gengar
Shadow Punch, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Sucker Punch
Songbird the Psyduck
Water Pulse, Scratch, Tail Whip, Confusion
Chaos the Bidoof
Tackle, Cut, Rock Smash
Lucky the Budew Level 19
Bob the Bidoof Level 5
Garands the Zubat Level 11
Crush the Luxio Level 16
Centerfold the Pachirisu Level 10
Zero the Geodude Level 5
Parallel the Shellos Level 12
Sticks the Prinplup Level 23
Time Warp Challenge
Current: Platinum Time Rift
Joined Jul 2011
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Technician
Find all posts by Technician
Find threads started by Technician
Ignore Posts by Technician